Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

replacing connector wires to fuel injectors

trojancouch68
06-08-2006, 07:58 AM
i recently noticed that my problems have been from a bad wire connection to my fuel injector...i could wiggle the whole connector part of the injector and i was able to find out that when i pulled it a certain way, the engine would be fine, but pulled a different way, the engine would act up.......anywho....i was wondering what kind of work i would be putting in to replace the wires, and how difficult it would be to replace the wires, and most importantly, how do you change the wires......any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

richtazz
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM
What year and what engine?

gmack221
06-08-2006, 02:19 PM
If its anything like my 95 with the quad 4, I'd just replace the injector harness, mine plugs into the 4 injectors on one end, then the other end connects to the main wire harness behind the alternator, shouldn't be too expensive of a part.

trojancouch68
06-09-2006, 07:16 AM
im sry, "slipped my mind".....it is a 99 grand am SE 2.4L......where do i buy the eletrical connectors and wires at?

gmack221
06-09-2006, 07:20 AM
best bet is call your dealer to get a price, ask them for the part number so they don't have to look it up again, then jump on gmpartsdirect.com and check the price & order it. compare both prices & see which is cheaper (gmpartsdirect will have shipping). or you can go to a junk yard.

Add your comment to this topic!