Page updated on 12-13-2017

exhuast for 2000 neon

smitty42
06-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I,m wondering if i could throw a cheery bomb or something and it will sound good and also how to put it on. cause the way the stock exhuast is it curved to the left and then theres a lil tip so where would i put it on and i dont want to do and welding ? Im also wondering where to buy a cheap neon exuast in ontario if i have to do the who exhaust to make it sound better.

das2123
06-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Try this site for your canadian questions...
http://www.neoncanada.com/

smitty42
06-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Man that sucked no efence i hate that site if u do have info on the ? it would help

FemaleRacer
06-08-2006, 01:02 AM
I,m wondering if i could throw a cheery bomb or something and it will sound good and also how to put it on. cause the way the stock exhuast is it curved to the left and then theres a lil tip so where would i put it on and i dont want to do and welding ? Im also wondering where to buy a cheap neon exuast in ontario if i have to do the who exhaust to make it sound better.

What specifically is your goal with the new muffler? (I'm assuming you don't want to relpace the whole exause system. Are you just wanting sound and voulume or are you actually wanting an improvement in performance? What yea is your neon and how many miles do you have on the current exaust system?

HPNOTIQracing
06-08-2006, 10:40 AM
hell just unbolt or cut the muffler off and run no muffler, or unbolt/ cut it off where as after the cut the opening in the pipe will be facing the rear of the car. (i think its designed the same as the first gen) if it is it will work just as im saying.

das2123
06-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Man that sucked no efence i hate that site if u do have info on the ? it would helpI thougt it might help. I live in Texas, how the hell would I know where to buy a cheap neon exuast in ontario :grinno:

smitty42
06-08-2006, 04:01 PM
thanx but ya im just looking for sound and i would never run strait pipe im not a hick lol. but ya thanks anyways

HPNOTIQracing
06-08-2006, 07:02 PM
your not running straigt pipe by taking the muffler off. there are resonators and a cat still inline.

and what do you know about hicks you live in canada. yes i know that comment i just said is just as dum as you saying only hicks drive without mufflers.

alot of people here in florida run no muffler. a little FREE power and sound.

i lived in massachusettes for 20 years and now in fla. im sure those are two big hick states but hey what would i know im just a hick without a muffler.

smitty42
06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
lol man dont take it personal im just saying im not a hick just cause i live in canada.

HPNOTIQracing
06-09-2006, 08:06 AM
im not taking it personal...this is the internet, i have real problems at home.
i was just saying the comment was kinda stereotypical.

anyways it doesnt sound bad and you said you want it for the sound. it wont be that loud until you really get on it. and it will be better sounding in normal driving. you should just try it.
you have to take it off to put a diff. muffler on anyways. so take it off before you buy the new one and see what you think. you may be surprised.

Add your comment to this topic!