Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

offset stock wheels?

S13Driftfiend
06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
whats up guys my cars been sitting in my driveway waiting for its sr20 as some of you already know and i figured i might get goin on some other aspects to make it drift ready. i have a steady plan for suspension and brakes, but i have a question as far as wheel offest goes. i dont want to buy a new set of wheels right away so i was wondering if i could run an offest on the stock 15s for now. is it worth it? will it do any harm? any input would be appreciated. thanks

slideways...
06-09-2006, 03:43 AM
do you even know what offset means? if i decode your gibberish i think you are talking about wheel spacers on your stock wheels...it will fuck with your handling, and make your tires wear unevenly.
but it can be done. just why would you is the question.

S13Driftfiend
06-09-2006, 10:27 PM
my bad. im glad you could decode my fucked up drunk gibberish.. i read it the next day wondering what the fuck i wrote. but thanks anyways

Hit_N_Run-player
06-10-2006, 02:30 AM
you were able to spell appreciated, no way you were drunk...sounds like noobish gibberish..

S13Driftfiend
06-10-2006, 08:16 AM
you were able to spell appreciated, no way you were drunk...sounds like noobish gibberish..

actually it was a bit of both. im in the process of doin my research of wheel fitment and all that. sr20 coming soon, suspension & brakes after that... that was my mistake, i did mix up. it was some noobish gibberish, along with drunk confusion. believe me. but thanks alot for the help, appreciate it.

sidewayzS13
06-10-2006, 06:38 PM
read the sticky that RW240 wrote about wheel fitment and offset. it should answer whatever your asking and it may even enlighten you to what offset it since you dont seem to know

Add your comment to this topic!