Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can u guys HELP supercharge my Lesabre?

93buicklesabrelmtd
06-07-2006, 01:01 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=576098

thanks! ITS 3.8 1993 Lesabe Limited..

93buicklesabrelmtd
06-09-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=576098

thanks! ITS 3.8 1993 Lesabe Limited..

come on guys!

CAN i get pictures of the pulleyes and belts of the SC 3.8... thanks...

wrightz28
06-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Man, it's just not worth it.

By the time it's all said and done (hold your breath on that one), you might as well spent your time making a nuclear reactor fit in the glove box of a Prius.

93buicklesabrelmtd
06-09-2006, 05:06 PM

By the time it's all said and done (hold your breath on that one), you might as well spent your time making a nuclear reactor fit in the glove box of a Prius.

hmm, why wouldnt it be "just not worth it"

changin a harmonic balancer (which already needs change)
brackets to engine accessories (free or under 20$ at junkyard)
eprom (cheap)
new intake manifold gasket ($23)
supercharger (under $200)

why wouldnt 5 things to be done; be not worth it??
:screwy:

if i had the parts, I can do it in 2days max...
i have plenty of time!

im lookin at spending less than 300$ to do it myself, still "not worth it" :screwy:

93buicklesabrelmtd
06-09-2006, 05:18 PM

hmm, I wonder where people would be, if you gave advice like that all the time?? :shakehead :disappoin

I guess ill have to do this on my own, ill take pictures, then post them for you!

Now is there someone with pics of the pulleys and belts on the SC 3.8 series 1?

Alibi
06-09-2006, 10:58 PM
He was giving you excellent advice. Really, it isn't worth it. In my opinion, you would be better off to do an entire engine swap than to attempt a SC addition to your engine.

Definately not a 300 dollar job...trust me, If it was feasable for 300 bucks I would have done it in a heart beat a looong time ago. If I were you, I'd just run the engine untill it isn't worth fixing anymore and IF your body of the car is still in good shape, get an L67 and drop it in...

Cntrysthbst
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I thought the computer needed changed as well.

wrightz28
06-20-2006, 09:37 AM
it's about the same type of question as "what will it take to put a V8 engine in place of my V6". As I said, by the time it's all said and done there is nothing saved in putting top end performance in a motor and chassis that was not designed for it and will not last very long.

The logistics of it just arent' there. Go ahead, do it, take your pictures, thne come back after you decide to get playful with it and launch some connecting rods out, I will be demanding those pictures. :thumbsup:

I don't know how to fully clairify it, sure i encourage people to take on their' own projects especially when a little creativity, but, when it's for something that clearly reaps no benefit in the long run, hey kudos, and best of luck.

Add your comment to this topic!