Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

system help

A_State_Balla
06-06-2006, 07:11 PM
ok lets say i could probably spend about 1,000 on a system that includes everything i need subs, Amp(s), and head unit what do yall think i should probably get i already got my 3.5's and my 4x10's. This is my 1st time buying and i have no idea what to get I'm really wanting some kickass piss people off bass :evillol: any suggestions would be great thanx alot,

if it matters, which i dont thank it does, its going in an '88 Blazer

pimprolla112
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Why did you get 4x10's blazers have 6x9's in the rear. I did my first system for under 750. It was a panasonic cd player, was like 450 retail got it for like 200 (ebay). Got 2 infinity perfects for 250 after shipping. Profile ca600 for 115 shipped, a set of mq quart 6x9's for 90 and i had the comps in the front when i bought the car. There many options, do you want an sq setup, enough bass to make you bleed internally. PRetty much the same thing i said on the blazer forum. 1k should be a nice amount for your first system.

tjv83
06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I had a system with 2 12" Alpine S type subs hooked up to a Kenwood 1000watt amp and an Alpine CD player. I forget the model for the cd player but it was one that atomacticly fliped around when you shut the car off, to conceil the unit. The whole system with wiring and install cost me arrox $900. Another thing is ebay is a really good source for cutting out a lot of that hiked up cost.:grinyes:

pimprolla112
06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Well since he wants bass that will piss of the general public, look on ebay for a set of solobaric 12's, the l5's will to me there is no defined difference between the l7 and the l5, except the TS specs. A hifonics, ppi, or profile 1k watt amp would do more than fine. And that alone will be between 400-500, leaving the extra 500 for the HU, enclosure, wiring, and an amp for the speakers. Do everything ebay and you will seriously save at least half on some products. I know ive said it before but i got a panasonic for my girls car off ebay it was 218 shipped, circuit city wanted something like 450 for the exact same head unit. ITs cheap, budget bass that will give you a headache.

Add your comment to this topic!