Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 LTZ WILL NOT START! ARRRRGH! Case of Beer to the person that can help!

chriskostella
06-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Changed battery, changed oil and filter, changed fuel filter bled fuel line at filter. Still seems like she is not getting gas. 62000 miles. Has sat for 2 months. gas in tank. pulled fuel line out of new fuel filter and she squirts fuel when the key is turned. New air filter, Checked fuses. It just seems like she is not getting fuel. It would start for about 3 seconds but now, it justs trys to start. Please help! I am going to sell her as soon as she is running but she won't start!

Thank you very much and have a great day!

balboasdelight
06-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Clogged fuel injector(s).

rodeo02
06-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Sounds like the fuel pump went caput. Can you hear the fuel pump running?

Joel

gmtech79
06-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Have you checked spark?
Need to get a fuel psi gauge and check psi and volume.
Also get a noid light and check for injector pulse.

edbrycem
06-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Have you checked spark?
Need to get a fuel psi gauge and check psi and volume.
Also get a noid light and check for injector pulse.

I agree w/ fuel pressure being a problem. i had the same problem...ran great, parked it for a month, went to start and nothing. fuel pump was bad. replaced that now i hear pump running and check the pressure and lack of fuel pressure, changed the fuel pressure reg. and whola!! it worked. it is wierd how they both went though from sitting:banghead: hope it works for u

edbrycem
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
oh ya, a possible way to figure out if the reg is bad, is,for me, i cycled the ignition off and on a couple times (w/out turning the engine over,) just go to on position. and then try starting it, it might sound like it wants to start w/ a sputter and then it'll die cuz it lost pressure.at least that is how mine was.

roberthamner
07-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey Cris,
Had the same problem. The throttle body is your problem.
It acts like an old linkage but is electronic. Your car probable acts like it
wants to start, but does'nt. had to tow mine to repair shop put it on comp.
replacement runs about $300.00 including labor. throttle is stuck wide open
so the comp. shuts car down as to not blow engine.
GOOD LUCK!
Robert

rodeo02
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
...throttle is stuck wide open
so the comp. shuts car down as to not blow engine.

The throttle plate should not fail wide open as the actuator is fail closed. Spring loaded to fail closed. It is pretty rare for the TBW system to act up. Most common failure point is the accellerator position sensor up high on the go pedal linkage. A bad ignition switch or low system voltage can mimmick throttle by wire symptoms. From the looks of it, we wont be hearing from the OP anyway. One hit wonder I guess.

Joel

ttrout
07-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Pound on gas tank while cranking, this works on my yukon

Add your comment to this topic!