Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jackson SC civic won't pass emissions!!!

MK4R34
06-05-2006, 07:40 PM
:banghead: I have a 97 SOHC Jackson SC that won't pass E...
keeps saying "not ready"for the O2 , cat and evap
My friend hooked it up to a wideband O2 and the fuel fluxuates just a lil when in boost not too lean/rich runing about 60psi on the FMU
Anyone have this problem??or the same set up with no problems???
What kind of set-up do you have to pass EMISSIONS!!!!

Schister66
06-09-2006, 08:30 AM
set that up on a chipped P28 and get it tuned then it will stand a better chance of passing because it will run more smoothly and the AF's will be dialed in so that you aren't running rich....FMU is a waste of time IMO

superbluecivicsi
06-09-2006, 10:26 AM
set that up on a chipped P28 and get it tuned then it will stand a better chance of passing because it will run more smoothly and the AF's will be dialed in so that you aren't running rich....FMU is a waste of time IMO

you wont pass somg with the obd1 p28 on the obd2 chassis. is the scan getting a "not ready" or are you getting an actual cel?

not ready = check your vafc and ecu wiring and make sure the ecu is not resetting itself each time you turn off power to the car (check your ecu fuse).

cel = what is the exact code?

also, your 60psi means nothing. what is the static and idle fuel pressure? the jr fmu is a 5:1 fmu.

also, may i ask why you are running the fmu with the vafc? you are using what injectors?

wideband readings?

you want to pass smog with the jrsc? ditch the vafc, and run the fmu. make sure you have the carb sticker that matches the chassis. assuming your engine, cat, and all sensors minus the jrsc is in good shape, you should pass.

if you dont meet the above requirements, then, pay the extra $$$ for the under the table smog.

ive been boosting in ca for years and smog goes right out the door. i automatically already assume i will not pass ;)

MK4R34
06-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Yes it's getting a "Not Ready"...but,it's been doing that for awhile for o2,cat,EVAP....I found out on the VAFC the press.or cr.isn't wired or working correctly(the main to adjust fuel)...adjusting going up/down on the VAFC but no signal on the wideband o2(my friend said it's not hooked up correctly)....but that shouldn't be a prob.even if the VAFC isn't hooked up...I'm not running the JR FMU..i'm using a B&M...this is the 1st gen JR which I heard those came with a piece of crap FMU....the injectors are stock...we called Jackson and they said it would be fine...but,they don't even know why it's not passing...for the wideband reading....i can't remember...it's goes from 11-14 or something when in boost...I rem.it was a few points diff....my friend set it so it's running not too lean or rich in boost messing with the FMU....his boosted RX7 he said is running close too solid with a steady reading on the wideband with a SAFC...

superbluecivicsi
06-12-2006, 10:46 PM
also, your 60psi means nothing. what is the static and idle fuel pressure?

cel = what is the exact code?

answer these questions.

Yes it's getting a "Not Ready"...but,it's been doing that for awhile for o2,cat,EVAP

you are running the wideband with the primary o2 sensor? what wideband are you using? you checked the under hood ecu fuse yet???????????

I'm not running the JR FMU..i'm using a B&M...

you are running a b&m fmu or fpr? b&m made an fmu?

I found out on the VAFC the press.or cr.isn't wired or working correctly(the main to adjust fuel)...adjusting going up/down on the VAFC but no signal on the wideband o2(my friend said it's not hooked up correctly)....but that shouldn't be a prob.even if the VAFC isn't hooked up

so have you wired it up correctly yet? if you havnt wired anything up correctly.............then...............
it's goes from 11-14 or something when in boost
adjusting going up/down on the VAFC

................how are you getting readings???????

even if you got the vafc to work, you will not pass without resetting or setting back to zero. you still will not pass smog if the scan is still in not ready mode. it is not ready, because, the ecu is not ready due to it being resetted.

what wires have you hacked into already?

i know you are trying to pass smog and get your setup working, but, what is your priority here? pass smog or setup to work?

Add your comment to this topic!