Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HLJ.com Shipping .....??...$?

Hash_man
07-30-2002, 12:32 AM
I am thinking about ordering a few things off of HLJ and I was wondering first, how reliable is their service??? ... The 4 things I want to order come out to about $85.oo Canadian, And I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how much the shipping will be..???.... I live in Calgary, AB, Canada.!?:D

xim-crow
07-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Hi,
the service of HLJ is very good. You receive order confirmation and you can check your order status on a webpage.
The shipping costs are around 20-25 % !

Cheers
Steve

Focus2000
07-30-2002, 04:14 AM
I found HLJ very good, from order to delivery took just under 3 weeks, much quicker than the 5 weeks they quote. Delivery charges to UK were about 35% of price of 2 kits, but even then I saved money on the rip-off prices we have to pay here. I'll definitely use them again.

You could try HobbySearch http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/index.html, they've also got a good range and prices. The impression I get from comments here on the forum is that they're as good as HLJ.

twoninety
07-30-2002, 04:23 AM
HLJ is very good, but expensive. Got my orders about 10 days after they shipped it. But then again I live in Asia.

But they cost on average $2 - $5 more than kits a hobby shop here. So I would only get rare kits from HLJ.

:alien2:

primera man
07-30-2002, 11:23 AM
I have found them to be very good. From the time i submit the order to the day they are sent to my door step is about 12-15 days

mstngcobrasvt98
07-30-2002, 11:53 AM
I live in the Minnesota and my order took only a week to get here. The total mine came to was $26.07US S&H was about $6US.

barnabei
07-30-2002, 06:37 PM
i live in canada (toronto) as well, and just ordered a bunch of stuff from hlj. the total was 6300 yen ~ $85 cdn plus $15 cdn for duty. took 3 weeks to get here but it ended up saving me at least $25. shipping is about 1000 yen whether you get 1 kit or a bunch of other stuff up to a certain weight and then it costs more. so you're better off gettin a few things all at once to save on shipping. hope this helps.

Vric
07-30-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by barnabei
i live in canada (toronto) as well, and just ordered a bunch of stuff from hlj. the total was 6300 yen ~ $85 cdn plus $15 cdn for duty.

F*ck there is Duty ! damn country ! I was planing to order 2 kit but i think i should pass my turn.

XenoKryst
07-30-2002, 09:59 PM
Damn, I forgot about Duty...barnabei; do you know the rate of the Duty? I am guessing its the tax rate; 15%??? Correct me if I'm wrong. Sometimes it IS bad to live in Canada....:rolleyes:

barnabei
07-30-2002, 10:34 PM
i'm not sure bout the rate, but most likely its round 15%. i've been ordering kits and stuff here and there for the past 3 months from the usa and hlj and this is the first time that i've been charged duty. i think it depends maybe on the value of items entering canada then? i received an item last week which was marked with a value of $20 US and i wasnt charged any duty on it. maybe i just got lucky? who knows, try calling the post office, they'll know for sure.

XenoKryst
07-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Thanks, I will do that! I am expecting a couple of things from HLJ within this week or so. :D

BTW, that WRX in your avatar isn't yours is it? If it is than you must be the owner of BC Auto & Design in Markham? I always see it in front, is it yours?

barnabei
07-30-2002, 11:46 PM
no, its not mine:( i live right by bc auto and pass by that sweet ass impreza all the time. they've got that nice bmw with the wide body kit their too. bc auto always has sick cars done up.

Hash_man
08-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the help.... I think I will order all those things together then, because they are all so hard to find here in Clagary. I hope the shipping doesnt cost too much but if it does, oh well... I really want this stuff...
PEACE!:smoker2:

Add your comment to this topic!