Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2 more broke rocker arms

chevytrucks92
06-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Found two more broke rocker arms awhile ago :banghead: . My new Crane rockers came in today so we were putting them on and discovered that two more of my old rocker arms were broke. Number 3 and 5 intake.

Same place as the other 2 that broke and came apart. I dont know the technical name, but its the steel part in the center that sets on the stud. I just know it by the center part of the rocker arm, lol.

So that takes me to a grand total of 4 broke rocker arms (all on the intake side :screwy: ) in roughly two months, lol.

So I guess now that big .499 redlight last Saturday night might have been a blessing. Because I'm 100% sure that I'd had two more rocker arms that would have came apart the very next round, and mroe then likely that woudl have happened at about 7000 rpms in the water box. That wouldn't have been too healthy for my valvetrain, lol.

Hopefully these crane rocker arms will stand the pressure. If not then I must have a spring problem.

VR43000GT
06-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Wow. Glad to here no serious damage done. Doesnt sound like the rocker arms you had on there were up to snuff for your car. Hope everything turns out well.

TheStang00
06-02-2006, 11:36 PM
see, you shouldnt have taken the 4 cyl engine outa that car...

Add your comment to this topic!