Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help Me

01grandamGTHOTTIE
06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
okay...so the friggin dome light popped out on my grand am gt:banghead: ...HOW DO I GET IT BACK IN...help a girl out

Jmoney3318
06-01-2006, 10:51 PM
lol this same exact thing happened to me what i did was in the back seat look up towards the back window there should be i think it was 3 plastic screws i popped mine out and put my hand through it and connected the dome light through there

matt919
06-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I duno if you have a sunroof or not.. but mine popped out almost a year ago... if you have the same one i do, which is one main light, and 2 small ones all in the same assembly... the dome piece snaps into a black plastic frame that is in the ceiling... i found it was easiest to pull back the strip around the sunroof, and slide my hand in the ceiling (but watch for little pieces of dust and stuff that may fall down) so i could hold the black frame down, and snap the assembly back up into it. however, the one clip on the frame of mine, cracked off.. so its been shoved sideways into the hole for months.hopefully this was helpful?

boug0752
06-02-2006, 10:44 AM
A good key might be to put some type of glue on the backside to keep it up there. Mine used to fall out occasionally because of the stereo in my car. I put a little glue on the backside and it hasn't popped out since. Good luck!!

xeroinfinity
06-03-2006, 11:30 AM
YA the 99's+ with the moonroof, that ligth always breaks a clip and falls.
I use a short sheet metal screw through the part with the lights(probly grey) and screwed it to the black part undr the headliner. Wont fall Now :)

Glue would work too, but if you ever need to remove it, it could break more of the black plastic part. Just my :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!