Installing racing seats and harnesses

anthony951
06-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Where is the best place to bolt down the shoulder harnesses? Also, with racing seats, can they move forward far enough to let people in the back seat?

RACER D12
06-01-2006, 10:01 AM
You could plug the harnesses into the rear seat belt.

You put people in the back?

anthony951
06-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Haha- I don't tell anyone to sit in back, but when people want to, I don't turn them down. Thanks for the info.

RACER D12
06-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Haha- I don't tell anyone to sit in back, but when people want to, I don't turn them down. Thanks for the info.

You know its kind of funny that so many people really DO want to sit in the back just for kicks.

Anyways there are also harness bars that go from A pillar to A pillar too or into a roll cage. But I would just use the rear seat belt plug, because when you are racing you wont have anyone in the back. And when you do have people in the back you can just use the stock 3-point instead.

anthony951
06-02-2006, 12:29 PM
The only problem is that the 5 point set i have don't have attachments that clip into the stock belt clips. I was thinking that maybe I could use the same bolts that hold in the rear belts and clips into the frame. I could maybe get longer ones and just bolt down the harnesses while still being able to use the rear belts. How would you be able to just clip it in?

RACER D12
06-06-2006, 10:12 AM
The only problem is that the 5 point set i have don't have attachments that clip into the stock belt clips. I was thinking that maybe I could use the same bolts that hold in the rear belts and clips into the frame. I could maybe get longer ones and just bolt down the harnesses while still being able to use the rear belts. How would you be able to just clip it in?

Some harnesses come with a seat belt plug so they can be just pluged into the rear.

sirciv
06-20-2006, 02:53 AM
I got a pair of retractable corbeau harnesses last week that work f***ing great and bolted right up. You basically just bolt them in the rear where the old seat belts were, like d12 mentioned. I got a good deal on them from www.racingseats.com if anyones interested

Add your comment to this topic!