Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Yellow light displaying, in renault clio 2002 51 plater

mohsan55
05-31-2006, 05:38 PM
a yellow light is displaying jus under the petrol light, it has ome wiggly lines and my car just suddenly loses power, any idea what this can be.

thanks

RenaultBreakersCom
06-17-2006, 11:31 PM
a yellow light is displaying jus under the petrol light, it has ome wiggly lines and my car just suddenly loses power, any idea what this can be.

thanks

You need to get your car pluged into a "Fault Code Reader" This will tell you where the problem lies, it is dependant on the model (ie Petrol or Diesel and engine size) and should be available at all good local garages.

teza16
05-25-2007, 07:37 AM
hi did you find out what this problem is because i have this problem at the moment, i have posted a new thread about it and i would like to know what it is please

toni_cornell
02-18-2008, 03:32 PM
hi, does the revs dip very low when stuck in traffic etc and then cut out if you don't keep revvin it till the light clears? I have a 01 51 plate i had this problem last year had it on various machines but no one could really tell me what it was, took it to renault who quoted me £600+ (as it needed loads of things doing to it) think cos i'm a female they we're just trying it on. Anyway it turned out to be the idle sensor which is inside the throttle body which has to be fully replaced. I got a used throttle body off ebay (could try a breakers yard) £45 and got local garage to fit it £35, job fixed and touch wood no problems since:smooch: Hope this helps

BILLY BONG
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I have a similar problem! I can start the engine, but can not rev it up....the same yellow light is also on!! Anyone else having similar problems? (clio 1.2 billabong 03 plate)

stuuuu
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
That light is an preheating/electrical fault light.

i currently have it. it seems to be a big problem with clio's!!

any help on fixing it would be great!

thanks

Add your comment to this topic!