Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Jimmy Shake/ Wobble

notsmartguy
05-31-2006, 05:15 AM
My 2000 Jimmy seems to shake when I drive on the highway from speeds 65 until about 75 and then when I turn corners slowly to wobbles as if the wheel was about to fall off. I had brand new ball joints and a pitman arm put on about three months ago for the same symptoms but it came back right after. Any ideas?

thadrawr
05-31-2006, 06:49 AM
if your ball joints are new then i would check the hubs/bearings and the cv shafts....both would cause vibrations from the wheels

CanukGMC
05-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Could also be a u-joint in the driveshaft. Put the truck in N, chock the back wheels (and fronts) with rocks or something, get underneath and pull the driveshaft around in all directions, it should have zero play in it, if it does have play the ujoints are finished which is in turn causing the shaft to become off centered while driving making tons of vibes. I gotta check mine because sometimes I hear a "clink" when putting it in gear (like a worn ujoint tightening up) and I get small vibes around the same speed.

EDIT: I haven't checked yet on these trucks but maybe they a run CV shaft for the main DS instead of ujoints? I'm not sure, I'll have to go check, the drive shaft is long enough and straight enough that I don't see a reason to run a CV, hopefully it doesn't as those are $$$

Add your comment to this topic!