Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Weird noise

race2win86
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Today I noticed as I was driving my 99 Alero with the air conditioner on, I was hearing this weird noise from the fan or the air vents. I turned the A/c up higher, the noise got louder. And as I turned the AC down, the noise got quiter. Has anyone else had this problem before? Is it common?

GTP Dad
05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
The bearing on the fan needs to be lubricated. You will need to remove the fan assembly and put some light oil or lithium grease on the bearing. This should quiet it down. If not you may have to replace the fan motor itself.

race2win86
05-30-2006, 09:21 PM
The bearing on the fan needs to be lubricated. You will need to remove the fan assembly and put some light oil or lithium grease on the bearing. This should quiet it down. If not you may have to replace the fan motor itself.

Wheres the fan assembly and the bearing at? Is it hard to get to? Or how much does a new fan motor cost?

Tilimiritryamdia
06-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I recommend you to clean/replace alternator belt. I think this is source of noise you have. The tension force depends from air conditioner mode ... If belt went out -- sliding will occur .

Add your comment to this topic!