Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Slotted Rotors?

Guitarz
05-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey folks Anyone have any thoughts on what type of pads to use with slotted/drilled rotors? Ceramic?
Thanks, TomF

GTP Dad
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Ceramic are the way to go if you are looking for a performance pad. Since you are putting slotted rotors on then the ceramic should live a long time and give you good stopping power.

Guitarz
05-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Ceramic are the way to go if you are looking for a performance pad. Since you are putting slotted rotors on then the ceramic should live a long time and give you good stopping power.

Thanks a bunch. That's what I was thinking also.

alero99
05-30-2006, 08:33 PM
hey where did u get ur slotted rotors and how much were they? i need new rotors pretty soon anyway and ive been looking for a pair that dont cost me an arm n a leg

Guitarz
05-31-2006, 07:30 AM
hey where did u get ur slotted rotors and how much were they? i need new rotors pretty soon anyway and ive been looking for a pair that dont cost me an arm n a leg
I got mine off Ebay awhile back. For slotted and drilled the price wasn't that bad for four wheels. I don't recall what the cost was , but I 'll try to find out the details. I know they came from CA. I'll let you know.

Guitarz
05-31-2006, 07:37 AM
I just did a check on paypal and found I paid $148 + S&H, around $175.
If you can find just the drilled rotors, that's what I'd go for unless you're racing. The slotts can eat some pads.Although I think ceramic will hold up alot longer. Good luck.

JTrujillo86
05-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Was that per rotor?

- Jeremy

Guitarz
06-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Was that per rotor?

- Jeremy

No that was for all four.

Tom

Add your comment to this topic!