Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air/Fuel monitor

mmasse
07-28-2002, 10:53 AM
I read in a Honda Performance book that the air/fuel monitor is a must have accesories, in order to make your car burn right.

any thought/suggestions? Can anyone recommend any particular product/brand?

Tx

b16a3sol
07-28-2002, 05:27 PM
if you are serioud about tuning your car, and have the know-how to do so, then an a/f monitor will suit you well. it is however, just a monitor, and therefore cant fix any problems. it will only allow you to spot them if you know what to look for. if you are just doing i/h/e then an a/f monitor is a little overkill in my opinion. the computer has sensors and fuel maps coming out of its ass, and is more than equipped to handle something like that. if you think you are flowing more air than the motor was originally intended for by a large margin, then i say go for it, otherwise save your money.

97teg
07-29-2002, 01:19 PM
this may be a stupid question, but how do you get any kind of a reading off of an a/f guage? all the ones i've seen just jump around constantly from lean to rich, lean to rich,....

ViGGa2LO
07-29-2002, 02:10 PM
If I were you I would go and buy an afc, they control the air fuel ratio from the screen.... but if you only have stock i wouldnt worry about it, afc are most useful with cars with light to heavy mods, and they dont just look good... once you learn how to tune your car it will work wonders

Add your comment to this topic!