Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Finally reached 50k miles on the '97, rambling on....

mike2004tct
05-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Think I'll celebrate by changing the oil and greasing the pig today.
(Extra shot-o-grease to those lower ball joints GM replaced at 4 years old, funny how the upper joints were also bad, but GM wouldn't replace those- truck had less than 20k miles on it at the time)
:wink:

I mainly drive the thing in winter, warm weather months I have a motorcycle
and a car I alternate between, unless it's raining - then I'll use the Blazer with the replaced Pulse board I put in (because I misplaced my recall letter from GM and didn't find it until a month after the "Special Recall" expired).

I dropped a board on the driver side mirror last winter and cracked the case, leaving the fire hazard GM-repaired-wiring-recall-mirror a little wobbly. I'll be visiting ebay-gay for a new unit shortly.
I bought a factory '97 CD/am-fm head unit off ebay to replace the cassette unit I had- anybody in the market for a cassette am-fm unit. Looks like new.

I also got a cluster unit out of a '95 with a tach to replace my non-tach cluster. just switched out the odometers. I'm quite happy with the final results. (I posted a thread about the replacement a few months back)

Just about time to replace the Dexcool again.
I've been running a 165 degree thermostat for the past 5 years,
never had a problem passing the emissions test, and I believe
it also helped with the Deathcool not gunking up like the
original stuff did after 4 years. (But then again, no problems, so
I can make a stupid statement like this :icon16: )
I might change it out to a 185 degree unit next time, but as most
of the purist members here exspouse use of the 195 units, I don't
care to see my heat gauge go up to 210 like it did when I first
bought the truck 9.75 years ago.

Off to the garage I go.

zachzchw
05-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Wish I had that low of miles on my 97 bravada. The only benefit to having 104,000 miles is that Ive encounted most of the common problems. Hopefully, its smooth sailing from here.

Add your comment to this topic!