Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 rebuild issues - glove box jammed

jabhawk
05-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Hi all, I am new the Vic. I got it for a steal $250 and looking forward to restoring it over the next year. It was used as a taxi for a while and will need lots of work to make it purr but I fell in love with it immediatly. This is my first real attempt at auto work and want to take it to the local shows someday.

I have been working on the fuel system and replaced a 10 year old fuel filter which helped out the performance immediatly. Drained the lines and the junk that pored out was unbeliveable (how was it even able to turn over with all the junk in the mix I don't know).

Now I have a stupid problem, the glove box seems to be jammed. I don't want to force it but cannot find any schemanic's to determine the best way to pop it. The lock is open but the handle does not engage.

Any ideas or suggestions on opening the box without damaging the visbile portions? :banghead:

Also I am looking to replace (with LEGAL copies) the original police equipment in the dash. I am looking for links to vendors for vintage items like the driver spotlight, overhead control panel, underdash radios, etc. I want to give it the look and feel of the interceptor that it was meant to be. Also looking for pinstripe plans to give it the classic blue and white look, any pictures or designs are appreciated.

(The kids in the neighborhood like me to drop them off in the car so their friends think they got picked up. Gives them street cred :smokin:. They can wait till I get some flashers installed.)

Hope to be speaking with you all soon
Jon

Add your comment to this topic!