Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
New Avalon 2004 XLS owner with important questions
05-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I just purchased a 2004 Avalon XLS. I have a few questions:
1. In the mornings when I first start the car I hear squealing sound coming from the fan belts under the hood. The sound generally last for about 5 seconds and then it goes away. Has anyone experience this if so please explain what it is?
2. Are there any diffences between the 2004 XLS and the 2003 XLS?
3. The car is still under Toyota's 36000 mile warranty, about how many miles should I do before I check the rotors?
4. Should I extent Toyota's warranty or look around and get an aftermarket extended warranty? 'Any suggestions.
Thanks for your suggestions and help.
07-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Here are the answer you were looking for.
1. The belt is probably loose or too tight a little adjusting and the squeal will go away.
2. There are no differences between the 04 and 03 avalon just the available options.
3. I would go about 25000 miles before having the rotors checked.
4. I would definetly extend the warranty from the factory because aftermarket warranties can be a little more expensive than the factory warranty.
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2014