Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Jimmy A/C and Blinker Problem

notsmartguy
05-27-2006, 02:36 PM
The Problems aren't connected in any way however I would appreciate help with both.

First, A/C. I recharged my freon level but I can feel a leak. It is from the accumulator to what I think is the evaporator (its the thing back towards the windsheild from the accumulator). It's right at the fitting, I was just wondering what I would need to do to repair it.

Second, Blinker. When I turn on my right blinker it flashes rapidly like the bulbs are going out, however I've changed all of the bulbs. When I use my flashers though it doesn't flash rapidly at all. I was just wondeirng what would cause this.

Any help is appreciated and I highly doubt that I'll do the work myself because I'm obviously not that intelligent with vehicles. I was just wondering what to tell the mechanic so I don't get overcharged. Thanks.

excheezhead
05-27-2006, 03:45 PM
The Problems aren't connected in any way however I would appreciate help with both.

First, A/C. I recharged my freon level but I can feel a leak. It is from the accumulator to what I think is the evaporator (its the thing back towards the windsheild from the accumulator). It's right at the fitting, I was just wondering what I would need to do to repair it.

Second, Blinker. When I turn on my right blinker it flashes rapidly like the bulbs are going out, however I've changed all of the bulbs. When I use my flashers though it doesn't flash rapidly at all. I was just wondeirng what would cause this.

Any help is appreciated and I highly doubt that I'll do the work myself because I'm obviously not that intelligent with vehicles. I was just wondering what to tell the mechanic so I don't get overcharged. Thanks.

1. crackes fitting, means you will have to have the freon reclaimed, the fitting brazzed(welded) or the unit it is in replaced, blown out, charged with nitrogen,leak checked and refilled., spendy, but the only way to do it
right.
2. speedy blinker- if all the lights work, but one side blinks faster, check wiring, flasher, relay, and the hazzard switch. there was a recall on the hazzard switch, not 100% same problem as most, but mine started that way. try moving the hazzard switch left and right and see if things change.
3. don't drink beer untill after your done.!!!!!
good luck, and keep your stick on the ice.:icon16:

notsmartguy
05-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Around how much would that cost? I realize it will probably be expensive since it's the a/c but could i get a ballpark estimate? I'm about to go to college so I don't have a ton of money to spend. Thanks for the help.

excheezhead
05-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Around how much would that cost? I realize it will probably be expensive since it's the a/c but could i get a ballpark estimate? I'm about to go to college so I don't have a ton of money to spend. Thanks for the help.
1. at a dealership, worst case, ballpark, 300.00 USD depends on extent of a/c problems they find,
2. a good a/c auto shop, a little less,(my choice):2cents:
3. bubba driveway, priceless.(epa fines, emergency room fees, etc.)
forgot already what year your truck is, but if it is R22, expect the freon itself to cost 200 USD just to charge it, as it is getting very rare. just re-read your last post, your truck uses r134a, so the freon is readily available.

:uhoh:

Add your comment to this topic!