Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Eclipse Girls car???

BlowOff
08-16-2001, 08:24 PM
I talked to some people the other day, and they were telling me the eclipse is a girls car. This of course set me off.....What does everyone think, --eclipse...womans car, or an everyone car????

S Brake
08-17-2001, 05:45 PM
I say girls car because the only people i know that drive them are girls or really greasy mexicans, close enough to a girl for me.

flylwsi
08-18-2001, 08:52 AM
hard to say...
lots of non modded eclipses though... girls car only in the aspect that girls usually end up having nice sporty cars b/c of the insurance thing. or daddy bought em one.
pretty much any nonmodded "sports car" that i see has a chick in it. it doesnt make it a chick car, but you better mod an eclipse just to make sure...
how many chicks you see runnin on 18s with a body kit?
that would make it not a chick car
a cavalier is a chick car to me, and there are some others i can think of, but i dont want to name my choices b/c there are people that would hate me.

deftonez24
08-19-2001, 12:45 PM
OK, cavalier owner here.

Personally i will agree with you, I have a 94 z24 which is a more "boxier" look to it. the 3rd gen cavs are to bubbley for me unless like you said it was modded. but the plain old 95+ cavs are just ugly. so which of them do you consider girly? is it the 3rd gen or the 1st and 2nd?

Jay!
08-19-2001, 12:49 PM
The Eclipse isn't my favorite car, but I don't always think of it as a chick r. I have from time to time, but not always. I think only the second generation suffers from this assumption, at least for me.

For a chick car, I think of the V6 Mustangs. :rolleyes:

flylwsi
08-20-2001, 05:20 PM
i meant the third gen...
they are notorious for blackout head and tail covers, as well as big bowtie decals... not like im anti bowtie, but hell... i like to be at least a little subtle about it...

MaxRX7
08-23-2001, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by snowboarder927
I say girls car because the only people i know that drive them are girls or really greasy mexicans, close enough to a girl for me.

:bandit: that was hilarious plus I agree.

MaxRX7
08-23-2001, 02:04 PM
girl cars: exclispe, VWs misc., honda misc., v6 pustanks, celicas, corollas, kias, hyndias, geos,.........

flylwsi
08-28-2001, 08:55 PM
well...
no offense to max, but hell, lotsa rx7s around here are driven by chicks... and most of em are nice... really nice...
i also see alot of women in preludes... mostly five gens...
but hey... anything is a girlie car when you think about it, right?
make your car stand out, and it doesnt matter...
hell, there is this dude i know with a silver hyundai that has a touring wing, seventeens and a dtm exh that looks, and sounds ,pretty good... so hey... its all what YOU make it.. ya know?

MaxRX7
08-29-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by flylwsi
well...
no offense to max, but hell, lotsa rx7s around here are driven by chicks... and most of em are nice... really nice...

none taken. I think 90% of RX-7 drivers are male, but it is nice to know girls like them so much they want one for themselves :rolleyes: now if they knew how to drive them it would be :cool:

Add your comment to this topic!