Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Eclipse a Girl Car??????

Pages : [1] 2

BlowOff
08-16-2001, 08:21 PM
I was talking with some people the other day, and they told me that they thought the eclipse was a GIRL CAR!!!! Of course i was in shock and told them if they said something stupid like that again i'd have to tie them to my bumper and take them in a little ride in a 'girls car'.

So lets have it, who thinks the eclipse is a girls car, i want some feedback on this.

CivicType-R
08-16-2001, 11:45 PM
Hell no it isnt a girls car - especially not a gst or gsx - maybe a dinky rs or somthing if any at all - kick that dudes ass

TalonBoy
08-17-2001, 04:47 AM
Nope have to agree with you blowoff a Gen2,3 eclipse is not even close to being a girls car although i do know a few girls that own them they just dont fit in. i mean girls cars shouldnt do 0-60 in 6.7 (gsx)secs there a rule for ya. NO offense to all you girls out there that race mad props to you. Im just saying when you think of an Eclipse you think of a guy, when you think of a jetta yup thats a girl.

gang$tarr
08-19-2001, 03:37 PM
RS and GS is soooooooo GIRL!!! any guy drivin an RS or GS should get a slap!

but the GS-T and GSX, now those are for a man's MAN!!!!! they kick ass

CivicType-R
08-19-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by gang$tarr
RS and GS is soooooooo GIRL!!! any guy drivin an RS or GS should get a slap!

but the GS-T and GSX, now those are for a man's MAN!!!!! they kick ass

Just want to say HELL YEA - thats what i am sayin

Taylor SPL
09-17-2001, 04:21 PM
I have a 95 TSi I'll race anyone who thinks its a girls car and shut em down. Wait never mind they're just jealous they have a Jetta.

Racing Rice
10-02-2001, 09:48 AM
That depends on what the Definition of Girls car is...

1) Chicks digging them and will chase you down the street.... YES

2)Only girls drive them.... yeah right:bandit:

a c i d.f l y
10-02-2001, 09:46 PM
Sorry. The Eclipse GS-T and under, is a mufuggin girl car.

Now excuse me while I elaborate. I have seen too many girls riding around in these cars that have simple mods; such as body kits, exhaust, maybe rims. Now, if you're a guy driving an Eclipse GS-T with added suspension, and you can beat a stock Z-28.. that.. is a Man's car. ;)

(If someone says adding suspension wont allow you to beat a Z, I'm a beat yer ass, cuz I'm not implying that...*shakes heads* ... idiots.)

Racing Rice
10-05-2001, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by a c i d.f l y

Now excuse me while I elaborate. I have seen too many girls riding around in these cars that have simple mods; such as body kits, exhaust, maybe rims. Now, if you're a guy driving an Eclipse GS-T with added suspension, and you can beat a stock Z-28.. that.. is a Man's car. ;)

(If someone says adding suspension wont allow you to beat a Z, I'm a beat yer ass, cuz I'm not implying that...*shakes heads* ... idiots.)

Depending on the Drivers you could probably beat a (stock) Z28 in a stock GST pretty easy..

gang$tarr
10-05-2001, 03:34 PM

you're counting the GS-T? GS-T and under?!
the GS-T is the same car as the GSX just without AWD..

Racing Rice
10-09-2001, 09:03 AM

you're counting the GS-T? GS-T and under?!
the GS-T is the same car as the GSX just without AWD..

I was wandering the same thing..?? If you can drive a GS-T your more of a man the a guy driving a GSX.. Cause you dont have the benefits of AWD, plus you have more power to the wheels because you dont have the rear differential to go through.

gang$tarr
10-09-2001, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice

I was wandering the same thing..?? If you can drive a GS-T your more of a man the a guy driving a GSX.. Cause you dont have the benefits of AWD, plus you have more power to the wheels because you dont have the rear differential to go through.

my point exactly....
it just doesn't make sense that the same car with AWD is more manly :smoker2:

^YellowBandit^
10-11-2001, 05:48 PM
GS-Ts and GSXs rock! What the hell was that guy talking about? Now if only we could fix that crankwalk, that would be da bomb! :flash: :D

Polygon
10-22-2001, 03:04 PM
NO!! A Neon is a girl car, a Jetta is a girl car, an Eclipse is not.

gang$tarr
10-22-2001, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Polygon
the RS and GS are.... any guy that drives one of those models obviously doesn't care about performance, just show
the GS-T and GSX are pure man though, like i said before

Polygon
10-22-2001, 03:59 PM

the RS and GS are.... any guy that drives one of those models obviously doesn't care about performance, just show
the GS-T and GSX are pure man though, like i said before

Ah, that's true. Good point.

dubolox
11-17-2001, 10:42 PM
Hey Polygon, I've seen Jettas that would slap your car silly (2nd gen w/ a G-60 and VR6 GLX come to mind). Let's be real, a "girls car" c'mon, what is a girls car? I consider a a Porsche GT2 a girl car because I'm sure you can pick up all kinds of girls driving it. For the record though, most of the eclipses around here are driven by girls... those, dodge avengers and 3000gt/stealths.

gang$tarr
11-18-2001, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by dubolox
I consider a a Porsche GT2 a girl car because I'm sure you can pick up all kinds of girls driving it. For the record though, most of the eclipses around here are driven by girls... those, dodge avengers and 3000gt/stealths.

A girl car is car that girls drive not a car that you pick up girls in

like a beetle, that's a girl car..... how many girls do you see drivin Porsche GT2s

boostin94
12-11-2001, 09:30 AM
I think there needs to be a distiction made here :D The 2G DSMs are girl cars :eek: The 1Gs are not. They are ugly "Only a mother could love something like that" hp monsters :) The 1G DSM was made for a man specifically with only one thing in mind: Performance. The 2Gs...well, they're girly ;) Fast...but girly ;)

Blackbird01
12-11-2001, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Depending on the Drivers you could probably beat a (stock) Z28 in a stock GST pretty easy..

Bahahahahahahah!
Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahha!

HIGH 14 sec car (Eclipse) vs LOW 13 sec. car (Z28)....
Ummm, yeah, if the driver had 1 arm and no legs its POSSIBLE!

Don't get me wrong, DSMs can be made EXTREMELY fast (I've toyed around with a few quick 16g turboed DSMs), but stock vs stock is no contest. Even the GSX would get spanked.

Boostaholic
12-11-2001, 07:57 PM

(If someone says adding suspension wont allow you to beat a Z, I'm a beat yer ass, cuz I'm not implying that...*shakes heads* ... idiots.) Actually, GS-T's have some ballz if they are modded at all...

boostin94
12-11-2001, 08:01 PM
HIGH 14 sec car (Eclipse) vs LOW 13 sec. car (Z28)....

Maybe it's just my elevation up here in New England, but I'd like to see a stock Z28 run low 13s. A couple of the ram-air guys are pretty fast, but the Z28s are not all that fast up here.

Again, maybe it's the elevation (I don't know much of how that effects a naturally aspirated car), but most are running mid 14s in stock trim here. It only took a couple mods and I was winning races on the track against them all the time.

I'm not much for street racing, so I can't really relate to how the Z28s do on the street, but I'm no longer afraid of most domestic V8s on the track..... F150 Lightnings...now there is a sleeper... Be afraid...be very afraid....

boostin94
12-11-2001, 08:14 PM
Co-Founder- HPS Motorsports
"The ability to drive like most people fly"

Send info on this to genst3@yahoo.com please :)

‘91 Eclipse GSX A/T
2.0 AWD Turbo

OUCH!!! Such a wonderful car being limited by the tranny...any shift kit or anything in the future???

Mods --->
-All Free Mods
-Ported 14B Turbo
-Ported M/T Exhaust Manni
-Open Element Intake

Is this a ported 2G Exhaust manny, or the 1G? Any idea how much better than a regular 2G E-manny it is??

"One gear banging, launch gettin, boost lovin
Honda smackin, surface-to-surface anti-rice missile!"

Can I get an "Amen", brothern??

Got Boost?

Yes. Yes I do :D

Blackbird01
12-12-2001, 07:46 PM
Well, I'm at sea level and ROUTINELY see low 13 sec. Camaro's/Trans Am's.
Just a FYI for ya, the Z28 and "Ram Air" Trans Am or Camaro SS are all equal in performance. The gain in performance over the Z28 or regular T/A you get with the WS6 (Ram Air T/A) or SS is slim to none. Basically just a looks type deal.

PS- My car went 12.907@108.25 with a 2.0 60' STOCK.

gang$tarr
12-12-2001, 08:46 PM
12.9 stock?! bullshit!! :D that's just kinda hard to believe... a Ferrari F355 does the 1/4 in 13s and it weighs approx. 550 pounds less :eek: and it has approx 55 more HP! :eek:

boostin94
12-12-2001, 10:59 PM
PS- My car went 12.907@108.25 with a 2.0 60' STOCK.

12.9 stock?! bullshit!!

I'd have to agree with this. I've done a lot of racing this past summer and I didn't see a single "stock" car do 12s except a couple Vipers with cheater slicks, much less a V8. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure your car is plenty fast..but 12s stock? I'd have to see that before I would believe it.

Blackbird01
12-17-2001, 08:23 PM
A Viper with ET Streets (cheater slicks) SHOULD run EASY high 11's.

I actually HAD the 12.907@108.25 timeslip scanned, but it was about a year ago and don't have it on my computer.
If you don't believe me, go ahead and check out www.LS1Tech.com.
Ask a couple people on the sight if they've ever heard of a '01+ F-Body running 12's STOCK.
I'll bet you more the 1/2 the people you ask say "Yes"
By the way, the Ferrari is a high revving motor, so it takes a while for it to make that "55hp" more. Not to mention it's got IRS, which is CRAP at a dragstrip. With the live rear axle and flat power curve, there have been more then a handful of LS1's breaking into the 12's BONE STOCK.

If you don't believe me, oh well...
I'm not out to prove that the LS1 is God.
But it sure as hell would take a LOT more then a stock GSX to beat one.

In fact, I raced a 1st Gen. DSM with a 16g turbo, downpipe, boost controller, full 3" catback with a gutted cat...
He found out real fast what it's like to get out 60 footed by a RWD car ON THE STREET!
:D

But I have to agree with you all on one thing. The DSM is a great car. It's got a TON of potential and has very good aftermarket support.
If I was looking for a fast winter car (AWD) it would easily be either the GSX or WRX...

fasteclipse96
02-20-2002, 08:04 PM
To me there is no such thing as a car that belongs to a certain gender. I think the thing that makes it a guy or a girl car is what you do to it and the way you drive it. No way is an Eclipes a girl car. Plus the way girls drive they would kill themselves in an Eclipes(not all girls just most of em).

boostin94
02-21-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by fasteclipse96
To me there is no such thing as a car that belongs to a certain gender.

I cannot see a male above the age of 16 or 17 driving a Geo Storm. I think when it comes to "gender specific" cars, the Storm is female driven 99% of the time.

melteye
05-03-2002, 02:00 AM
Personally I see the Eclipse as a "girls car". But not specifically a girl-only car.

Just usually girls like the styling of the eclipse, every girl I know wanted an eclipse at one point in their life. And everyone I know who owns an eclipse is a girl except for one (and i am helping him mod his).

I like Eclipse's though, they are fun to mod. Personally I chose a Nissan Maxima SE 2002... Before I decided to get it I wanted an Eclipse ;)

Hell, I like modding cars so much I just fucking bought my friend a CAI because he didnt want to spend money on one but wanted one... and I wanted to install it. lol

BlkSprk
06-06-2002, 07:38 AM
Lemme say one thing, Never undersetimate a girl racer, if they know what they're doin, things can get ugly fast. the only girls car i know of is a Neon.

w8n4myevo
06-07-2002, 11:41 AM
:flipa:

Thanks guys! You prove my point exactly. Why drive a car that someone else says you should or shouldn't? You all just make me happier saying that my 1998 RS with a Hahn stage 2, Hahn 625 cc fuel injectors, Holley high flow fuel pump, Greddy BOV, Unorthodox UPD, HKS sport exhaust . Is it still a girls car? And for you rice boys out there I didn't add any stickers (which gain 5hp each). Now you imagine pulling up beside my lil 420A and thinkin to yourself... A girl should be driving that car... and lets see where you are (probably in my rearview). Don't fall asleep when racing this "girl car", you will wake up thinkin you just had a nightmare.

:flipa:

ILLuSiVe H0oPtY
06-07-2002, 02:59 PM
you need a girlie girl racing sticker:finger:

j/p! :D

Talon007
08-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Bringing this back from the dead

The Eclipse/Talon/Laser was marketed as a girls car, to cut into the market that the CRX and Probe were dominating. This is taken from the December issue of Road & Track in 1988.

It's sad but true :shakehead

jon@af
08-17-2003, 11:50 PM
Bringing this back from the dead

He does it knowingly :banghead: Just leave it dead people.

kjewer1
08-18-2003, 02:46 AM
This thread irritates me. I'll add my 2 pennies...

Elevation at NED in New Englad is 60 or 80 feet. Might as well be sea level I'd say. They can be made fast obviously, but 98% of them arent that great. I routinely molest camaro/firebird/cobra. But thats a uselss arguement. On street tires I get 1.5s to 1.6 60 foot times. Again, thats on 17" street tires. There are 9 second muscle cars that pull the front wheels up that still follow me to the 60 foot mark, where they then take over for the rest of the race ;) ITs not very often a RWD car will "out sixty foot" me. If 0-60 in 6.7 seconds is manly, I guess my 3.8s are even more manly :lol: Vipers up here rarelt run 12s, let alone 11s. The fastest one I ever had the pleasure of beating ran a 12.5 to my 12.1 (I missed second gear) and I had his 110 mph with my 117 or 118. And dSMs with 16G on the street are not terribly fast unless they are modded to run a turbo that is far bigger than a 16g. I ran 12.0 on one, but it was no where near as fast on the street as my current turbo is (TDO6H/GT30-40). And yes I agree, sadly the DSM is a bit of a girls car. I always see girls driving these damn things... But that doesnt make my car any slower, so it doesnt bother me ;)

ThaLegend
08-18-2003, 06:10 AM
Depending on the Drivers you could probably beat a (stock) Z28 in a stock GST pretty easy.. Dont ever say anything stupid like that again... :angryfire

Turbogirl24
08-18-2003, 04:05 PM
I just wanted to say that it's kinda messed up to say that an Eclipse is only for guys! I drive and Eclipse 2.0 Turbo, just upgraded to an 18g, and just got my down pipe....Plus I'm a mommy...So I'M DUSTIN FOOLS IN MY FAMILY CAR...I really wanna give props to everyone holdin it down for the DSM's..And if anyone wants to chat let me know...

kjewer1
08-18-2003, 04:30 PM
There is a difference between a "girls car" and a car that a girl modifies. The latter is always cool. My ex chose a honda unfortunately (300+ whp Vortech supercharged '00 Si), but its all good. I just saw a link today to the DSM fem pages... Some pretty quick chicks on there... :biggrin:

DSMChick97
08-31-2003, 05:03 PM
ok i think its dumb when people say its a girls car... what they dont realize is dsms are so easy to make fast are so much fun... i mean in illinois its like dsms central out there i live by up in the lake/cook county area and i see more guys driving dsms than girls im just one of the few girls who actually knows what dsm mean!

~*~Jamie~*~

firefighter81
09-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Well, just my opinion. But I have to agree with one of the previous posts....1G DSM = man's car..... I'm not saying really that the 2G is a girly car, but it does have more girlish features than an old "ugly" 1G. So, I'll stick with my 1G, if I need to pick up chicks that's what I've got the motorcycle for! :grinyes:

Jason

skyllz
09-06-2003, 03:38 PM
"The Eclipse/Talon/Laser was marketed as a girls car, to cut into the market that the CRX and Probe were dominating. This is taken from the December issue of Road & Track in 1988." -> I never heard of that.

i have an RS 1995, supercharged. Its faster than a civic. if you're saying an eclipse is a girls car, you are refering to a civic also. I see more woman driving civic than eclipse.

I think that a girls car is a MIATA, cavalier or perhaps a neon.

D[X]P
09-12-2003, 11:10 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Jetta is not a girls car-a honda is

Dont insult germans for their cars are better than asian

MDiGiamm
09-12-2003, 11:15 PM
3rd Gen eclipses = girls cars!!!

DaICeMAn
09-13-2003, 02:46 AM
Nope have to agree with you blowoff a Gen2,3 eclipse is not even close to being a girls car although i do know a few girls that own them they just dont fit in. i mean girls cars shouldnt do 0-60 in 6.7 (gsx)secs there a rule for ya. NO offense to all you girls out there that race mad props to you. Im just saying when you think of an Eclipse you think of a guy, when you think of a jetta yup thats a girl.

Umm no 2gen and 3gen are yuppi girl cars pos lol i love my 1gen the 2gen when they first come out all who had them was girls here their lame ass cars look gay and pos my aunt had one a 97 what a piece of shit everything fell apart like the ashtray lid broke off the glovebox fell off and just hung there they were a mass production shit box sorry but ive seen it first hand owell that my imput since my aunt bought one they are no old lady looking cool shit box cars ill stick with my 1st gen with alot of peeps put that motor in a 2nd gen cause they suck ass so bad :) owell have a good night all

kjewer1
09-14-2003, 09:54 PM
I have a girly 95 youre welcome to race. Bring it.

DaICeMAn
09-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Well my eclipse is stock but ill put my monte up for the challange i like a good race ive had only one import beat my ass lol a 97 supra turbo lol if your ever in town leave a post we have a track right down the road :) have a good one all

crankwalk 2g
09-14-2003, 10:25 PM
3rd Gen eclipses = girls cars!!!

:iagree:

1st and 2nd gens have agressive looks and amazing power potential (turbo versions) but the 3rd gens are a joke.

kjewer1
09-15-2003, 02:13 AM
Well my eclipse is stock but ill put my monte up for the challange i like a good race ive had only one import beat my ass lol a 97 supra turbo lol if your ever in town leave a post we have a track right down the road :) have a good one all

I used to have a 84 Monte SS with a 5.7 liter swap. Just had moderate cams, headers, straight dual exhaust, turbo 350 with shift kit, posi rear, etc. Fun car. :)

DaICeMAn
09-15-2003, 03:56 AM
Yea i love my monte to death my all time fav car it does something for me no other will. It's not the fastest but by far but i love it. I wanna build up my eclipse with a 1.8 to 2.0 turbo i have the know how to do so its hard but not impossible them mabey i can race it one day :). thats y im here to learn anout dsm and everything you can do it umm.my comments about the 3rd gen is the fact i dont like the look i like the 2ng look kinda and 1st gen is no prize winner lol i just see you can hook them up phat like. and the fact ive seen sheppards eagel runn a 9.08 with proly 30k under the hook lol ( money i dont have) makes dsm look even better :) thats my take on thinks and hopefuly i will have one i built that an pass on my wisdon to others :) owell ima off to bed nite all and have a good 1 !!!!!

95_GSX
09-15-2003, 08:54 PM
well IMO if we are talking mid 80's GM cars my favorite is the Grand National. Makes a great sleeper, against the average person on the street, they have huge potential for power and are a real fun car. I have a friend with one. havnt had a chance to race him yet. :wink: thats my 2cents.

dommino
02-18-2004, 09:39 PM
I was talking with some people the other day, and they told me that they thought the eclipse was a GIRL CAR!!!! Of course i was in shock and told them if they said something stupid like that again i'd have to tie them to my bumper and take them in a little ride in a 'girls car'.

So lets have it, who thinks the eclipse is a girls car, i want some feedback on this.
I'm a chic and i drive a '95 eclipes that dosn't mean it's a girl car. I pimp my car! The eclipes is no sissy lala car, it depends on who ever is driving so if it some "princess" "sissy lala" than ya it's gonna look like a "girl car", but if you're a not a sissy lala driver than it's not sissy lala car...and i strongly beleve that sissy lala's shouldn't drive pimp ass cars!

Chavez408
02-18-2004, 09:45 PM
^^what she said ;)

gthompson97
02-18-2004, 10:07 PM
If you can drive a GS-T your more of a man the a guy driving a GSX.. .

obviously you've never ridden in an awd (especially w/some mods). when you're crankin even 300-400 whp and you get all 4 tires smokin...you better hang on because when you don't have traction it's harder than shit to handle....and the launch even when the tires smokin will put you in the seat in an instant. now when you get lucky on a sticky day and all 4 tires grab almost right away, well...let's just say it puts you in your seat THAT much more.

97 GSTBoy
02-18-2004, 10:46 PM
I think there needs to be a distiction made here :D The 2G DSMs are girl cars :eek: The 1Gs are not. They are ugly "Only a mother could love something like that" hp monsters :) The 1G DSM was made for a man specifically with only one thing in mind: Performance. The 2Gs...well, they're girly ;) Fast...but girly ;)

:screwy: Girly? I got your girly :nutkick: The 2G is the hottest looking ride an average joe can get his hands on. and thats just from the factory! 1Gs ARE ugly, no argument. :thefinger As for HP monsters? :lol: The 1g only came w/ 195(max) from the factory. 2G's came with 210. where do you get your information?

:banhim: OFF with his head!!

97 GSTBoy
02-18-2004, 10:59 PM
I just wanted to say that it's kinda messed up to say that an Eclipse is only for guys! I drive and Eclipse 2.0 Turbo, just upgraded to an 18g, and just got my down pipe....Plus I'm a mommy...So I'M DUSTIN FOOLS IN MY FAMILY CAR...I really wanna give props to everyone holdin it down for the DSM's..And if anyone wants to chat let me know...

Girl car is disputable. Don't EVER call it a family car. EVER. "Mommy" or not. :cya: you are a "mommy" who drives a bad ass machine. Remember i said this. :twak:

dwrock1
02-19-2004, 12:24 AM
mustang is more of a girl car than an eclipse (im a ford hater)

Chavez408
02-19-2004, 12:28 AM
now thats what im talking about, YEAH!! keep on it guys! dont give up!! lets keep on bringing threads from last years,YEAH!!

mother.... :flipa: :thefinger check the dates next time :loser:

97 GSTBoy
02-19-2004, 01:33 AM
now thats what im talking about, YEAH!! keep on it guys! dont give up!! lets keep on bringing threads from last years,YEAH!!
mother.... :flipa: :thefinger check the dates next time :loser:

Holy Lord Chavez. You're right. How on earth did this thread get to the top of the list? Jeebus! Color me a dumbass. :loser: Derrrrr...

LandoAWD
02-19-2004, 01:17 PM
:screwy: Girly? I got your girly :nutkick: The 2G is the hottest looking ride an average joe can get his hands on. and thats just from the factory! 1Gs ARE ugly, no argument. :thefinger As for HP monsters? :lol: The 1g only came w/ 195(max) from the factory. 2G's came with 210. where do you get your information?

:banhim: OFF with his head!!
You are a fucktard, wrapped in a moron, bathed in stupid, and wiped dry with an ignorance towel. I bet you have winshield washer nozzle lights.

Try my "slow, ugly" 1g on for size. :iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!