Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

B16a questions

coonass420
07-27-2002, 01:37 AM
I got my motor in off the truck yesterday (B16a). It is going into my 1991 CRX Si. It looks to be in relitively good shape. except i did notice a couple of things.i think there maybe a peice missing where my tranny and block meet because i think i saw my flywheel. Is this trouble or just cable tranny? the other question is on the axeles, the boots are all torn up does anybody know what kind of boots i would look up to replace them with.

BigBearWest
07-27-2002, 01:45 AM
about the boots. u can get them in any parts store. they should be 87-89 teg axle boots

5_LiTeR_EaTeR
07-27-2002, 11:36 PM
as for the flywheel you can see it 3 ways. Either your gearbox is loose and you are seeing between the block and the tranny, your starter is missing or the obvious there is no inspection cover on the bottom of the transmission. Honda did not make an inspection cover for the b16a's for some reason I think its sorta stupid actually. But most of the hondas I have worked on do not have an inspection cover.

EF You
08-08-2002, 02:26 PM
my b16 has an inspection cover. also, by the look of your screenname, i would imagine you are from somewhere in the south, maybe louisiana? if so, i just put a b16 into my very ugly 4g hatch. PM me if you are anywhere near new orleans, and ill be glad to help you with the swap.

mellowboy
08-09-2002, 10:21 AM
Maybe it didn't come with a tranny?:D

Add your comment to this topic!