Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 avalon wet carpet/floor

anneet
05-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Hello all, got a problem with very wet carpet rear and front. Owned the car since new. Someone suggested AC line problem but didnt elaborate. After drying out the car for 5 days...used it yesterday and water/wetness returned majority of it by drivers side front well. Any suggestions??? thanks for your help.

Joe W
06-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Could you please give a little more info?
Was the A/C on?
Was it raining?

Brian R.
06-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Might be your A/C condensation drain is plugged up. There should be a tube leading from the A/C evaporator pan under the dash to discharge under the car. If it gets plugged up from garbage, the pan under the evaporator will fill up and overflow condensate.

The cure is to blow compressed air into the drain tube(s) from under the car to blow out whatever is blocking it.

gw84
07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
This occurs quite often in my vehicle (93 chev lumina) I can't find the source of the water so I keep an "Absorber" chamois/dryer under my floor mats. Whenever it rains, almost all of the water is soaked into the absorber, I simply wring it out and put it back.

ca32174
09-21-2006, 11:37 PM
I had a similar problem. The leak was coming from the drivers side top left corner where the sunvisor is attached. Apparently according to Toyota there have been some problems in welding the A-Pillar. To make sure this is the cause of your problem touch the upper left inside corner of your headliner next to the sunvisor and see if it is wet. If it is then what you need to do is purchase some clear silicone and apply it to the exterior of the car where the water channels meet your windshield. There is a color coded weatherstrip there that appears to have come slightly loose and is letting water inside the car. (at least that's what I noticed on my 2001 Toyota Avalon XLS) I simply applied a little bit of clear silicone underneath the weatherstripping where it meets the windshield and held it down for about 15 minutes until the silicone dried. The leak is now gone and I have not seen any water for several months now. I hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!