Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

P 71 Crown Vic Cng

CADUEDU
05-25-2006, 05:19 PM
HI,I NEED MORE INFO ABOUT CROWN VIC. WITH CNG.I BOUGHT A CAR 1997 CROWN VIC.AND I DON'T HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT THE CAR.WHEN I'M DRIVING IN THE HIGHWAY I FEEL THAT THE CAR DOSEN'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER,LIKE SPARK PLUGS DONT MAKE FIRE ENOUGH.
THANK'S:banghead:

yotermanic
05-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I would get it scanned, to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised to see a P0171/172 lean bank 1/bank 2 code, the PCV lines were bad about rotting out and causing huge vacuum leaks, I'd check them anyway because sometimes you'd be suprised to see how bad it can get before you get codes. Also, how many miles are on it? It may be time for a set of plugs. Another thing to check is the EGR ports, they're behind the throttle body and were bad about cloggin up on those cars, they don't usually cause problems while cruising but they did cause enough weird issues, I pop the four bolts out and check instead of scratching my head when I got a mind-thumper. Anyhow, good luck with it and let us know what you find.

ModMech
05-26-2006, 09:08 AM
The CNG cars have less power than the gasoline cars, so it is possible that what you feel is "normal".

CNG cars DO NOT have any issue with EGR ports, in fact that problem mostly ended with the '95 MY and the aluminum intakes manifolds.

Yes, a vacuum leak could easily contribute to low power because the MAF sensor does not "see" all the air entering the engine.

A regular tune-up with a spark-plug replacement is an excellant place to start. At the very least, EVERY sparkplug wire should be checked with an ohm-meter to see if they are good. Also should inspect the air filter, and replace if overly dirty.

CADUEDU
05-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Thank Very Much For Your Atention...

Add your comment to this topic!