Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tranny question

funcruise
05-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Well Im having transmission troubles. I will try to explain what is or is not happening. First the car is a 2000 grand am with 160000 kms on it. Start it up, back out of driveway, put in drive it sits there until you give it quite a bit of gas then goes and shifts like it should. this is hot or cold. Next thing is when temp is at normal operating and car is stopped, when I start to go first gear shudders like its grabbing and letting go till it gets going. Rest of the gears shifting fine. When tranny cold this dosent happen, then it shifts like it should. There is no leaks,fluid looks and smells normal. Havent checked fluid level, no dipstick [another bright idea from GM] Suppose it could be low internal pressures, governer valve or something like that?? Any body else have that problem? Thank you for any replys....regards....broken tranny

xeroinfinity
05-25-2006, 12:26 PM
first off get the fluid level checked. It does get low from time to time, and it will slip.

When mine is low, if i turn left(uphillstheworst) it'll slip and then catch and churp the tires.
Not good if Launy Laws sit'n right there :eek:

Add your comment to this topic!