Turbo Previa

mrkanda
05-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Hello All,

Has anyone ever heard of a turbo Previa? Of course, there are the Previas with the S/C engine coming stock from the factory between '94 and '97. But I have the '92 LE without the S/C and need/want more power! I tow a large utility trailer around alot and could really use the increase in acceleration and towing torque. I've thought of adding a supercharger from the S/C engine, but have heard that that takes a lot of work. I'm thinking a turbo setup may be simpler and provide more performance gain to boot :) I read about one guy online stating that he had done a setup like that, but there was no contact information available for him. Has anyone here heard of such a thing and know how it is done? Thanks.

-Mrkanda Fitch
mrkanda@yahoo.com

98 SNAKE EATER
06-18-2006, 07:24 PM
There are a few hard core guys adding small turbos to their S/C Previas and running them both in conjuction....

There's quite a big difference between the N/A (2TZ-FE) and S/C (2TZFZE)

The S/C engine has a lower CR and is built with forged internals, so they can handle pretty much all the boost you can throw at it:smokin:

I wouldn't attempt adding forced induction to the N/A plant without upgrading the internals as well :shakehead

Rick <-----95 Previa owner

Aztek T/A WS7 (http://community.webshots.com/user/98snakeeater-reg) & 70 RAM AIR IV T/A (http://community.webshots.com/album/24092276OJKrbnMEGT)
Moderator (www.ls2.com) @ LS2 (www.ls2.com), FAST LS1 (www.fastls1.com), FUELSLUT (www.fuelslut.net),
The F-Body Hideout (www.f-bodyhideout.com), LS1Turd (www.ls1turd.com) & ChopperForums (www.chopperforums.com)

mikeconnelly
07-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Hello All,

Has anyone ever heard of a turbo Previa? Of course, there are the Previas with the S/C engine coming stock from the factory between '94 and '97. But I have the '92 LE without the S/C and need/want more power! I tow a large utility trailer around alot and could really use the increase in acceleration and towing torque. I've thought of adding a supercharger from the S/C engine, but have heard that that takes a lot of work. I'm thinking a turbo setup may be simpler and provide more performance gain to boot :) I read about one guy online stating that he had done a setup like that, but there was no contact information available for him. Has anyone here heard of such a thing and know how it is done? Thanks.

-Mrkanda Fitch
mrkanda@yahoo.com
I have a 2.2 diesel turbo with 3ct-e called toyota estima lucida "new zealand" having problems finder a workshop manual

Add your comment to this topic!