Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Low Tire Pressure Light On

I'mBroken
05-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Well, I found what I think is the reset switch in the driver's door fuse pannel. Multiple pressing of the button will cycle it through low tire, low tire and change oil, both flashing and then oil turns off and tire stays flashing then back to solid low tire pressure. The dealership reset this at my last oil change and it stayed off until I had low pressure in the front right tire and then it came on as it should. The tires were still original so I replaced them all since 20 pounds in 2 weeks is too much to loose. The new tires are the same size, but that light doesn't want to go out. Any suggestions?

I had posted this as a follow up in another forum but the moderator suggested I start a new thread because the one I was writting in started in 2003. Also, starting it here will let me get answers for my car, not another GM model.

Thanks for the suggestion!

jrozanc
05-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Your manual describes how to shut off the light. It says in the manual once it is reset it takes about 50 miles or so for your cars computer to calibrate the air tire system again. Alero's low pressure system can be a real pain in the butt, especially if you live in a state with drastic weather changes (like michigan!).

I'mBroken
05-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks!

I don't actually have the manual. I bought the car a few months ago from my boss' mother. 2 grand for a 99 GLS with 52K didn't sound like a bad deal, even with having to change all the tires and play with little stuff like the tire indicator, driver's window switch and the darned blower resistor, now that I know it exists and might have lost parts for the directional control knob when I removed the panel a week ago at night.

Such is life, that is why if you can afford it, you should always buy a new car with a bumper to bumper warranty and get rid of it before the warranty expires!:banghead:

JTrujillo86
05-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Wow...I think that was a pretty good deal though for a car with only 50K miles on it. The stuff you've had do deal with are pretty petty when you think about how much you paid for the car.

- Jeremy

I'mBroken
05-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Ok, those Haynes manuals are great and thanks to whoever said they sell them at Autozone. A bit more than Amazon, but I didn't have to wait.

I was so close to resetting the low pressure light, I was just letting go too soon. After I found it in Haynes, (The book could be a bit more obvious instead of putting it in a sub paragraph of something else), I came home and did the press multiple times until it flashes, then hold in until it chimes and the light goes out, what a bother. Oh well, let's see if I remember after the next tire rotation!

Add your comment to this topic!