Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

COOLING FANS wont WORK...

meti
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
hey all!
I got a 2001 GA GT.

I changed the coolant and took out the negative cable off the battery before i did anything. I drained good the radiator and refilled with coolant but when the engine reached 195 F the coolant started flowing nice but the fans wont turn on.

I know The fans work when I connect them directly to the battery. I also checked the "cooling fan relays" and they are good.

I had the little 15A fuse from Fan #2 get blown out few times and so now I came to a conclusion that there is a short bellow the fuse box under the hood.

Anyone know how to open this damn box? There are 3 screws but they have holed in them.

I also tryed to take out the frame bolts that the box sits in but it doesnt come off!

Damn GM makes it almost impossible to work on our cars!

Appreciate all the help that I can get~~~

-Meti

also: I got the fans on a switch momentarily!

xeroinfinity
05-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Well the fans dont come on till around 230 degrees +/-.
Should also work with AC on or on Max AC.

Using a switch with out a relay could friiieee more wiring in your car :(

The fuse box should slide out(forward) has clips/sliders on the sides i think.......
Your stock air box may be in the way though. If you havnt removed it, anyways......

If you cant see under the fuse box, try a mirror :thumbsup:

meti
05-26-2006, 12:30 AM
haha yea! i thought tha AC had something to do with the fans. i got air inake my in car but okay i'll try the mirror and sliding it out with a lil more power now!

thx alot man,
Meti

Add your comment to this topic!