Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

impala wont start

kustomautoparts
05-22-2006, 01:32 PM
i have a 2000 chevy impala that in the morning or when it gets cold {the car not weather} it will not start. I go and put my key in and turn it to start it and nothing happens the lights on the dash light up and so do the head and tails lights but the car wont do anything. i make sure that it's in park and turn the steering wheel and also pop the hood and tap the starter and the main box. still nothing. then i get mad and take and put the key in and sometime's hold it for long periods of time and then it might start. G.M dealer keep asking me if the secerity lights are on but they aren't then the dollar signs light up in the dealers eyes and i go on my way because i refuse to make them rich. if i take the car around town or any thing as long as the car is warm or its warm out it starts fine. so hear are the facts::: morning car wont start the starter wont do anything no clicking no turning over no nothing then get mad and try the key abunch more times and it'll start then if i run up the road to the gas station shut offf the car and run in and come back out it WILL start again????? ANY HELP IS GREAT I WILL OWE PEOPLE ON HERE LOTS OF BEER'S THANKS AGAIN IF YOU DONT POST ON here email me at kustomautoparts@sbcglobal.net thanks again chris

Gems
05-22-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm no expert but I've heard a good number of no start problems are the ignition switch assembly going bad... The switch itself and/or the passlock security goes flaky... More often than not replacing the ignition switch solves the problem... But wait for some more "experts" to respond to you... Also check out the website www.naioa.com and post your problem there...

naioa=North American Impala Owners Association

Good luck!

Gems
05-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I see you got your post locked on the NAIOA forum... It's too bad you started flaming everyone there as they are a good group of guys... A little more patience on your part would have hooked you up with some very knowledgable people... But you destroyed any chance of that happening... Here I see you have no responses except for myself... And this is a much larger forum... I have a 2001 LS with 51,000 miles and have not had this problem (yet!!)...Please understand a problem like this can be caused by many different things... But I would put the ignition switch assembly at the top of the list of suspects...

Add your comment to this topic!