Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mitsubishi Evolution Series

devildrool
07-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Hi Everyone... Just want to ask you ppl that Hasegawa Evo III are better than Fujimi Evolution III in term of Shape and more detail. i am going to get the evolution III but duunno which brand is better.

Another question is that any one know where and how do i find the Evolution 6.5 (T.M edition) i wan the scale of 1/24 .... Rally or street versione would be fine with me.. if the best both also have.

Anyone here collect Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution series...

TheSyndicate
07-25-2002, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen any Tommy Makinen edition Lancers, but I assume it's pretty easy to recreate one from a regular EVO VI.

devildrool
07-25-2002, 09:59 PM
But EVO 6.5 front bumper is very different from the normal 6..

saw someone post wif pic an EVO 6.5 pics many mth back but couldn`t find that model..

hrmodeler
07-26-2002, 02:07 AM
There is no 6.5 kit. I think that Rennaisance make conversion bumper for 6.5 version.

hirofkd
07-26-2002, 09:19 AM
...or Little Garage one, which has been available for quite a while.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/524803evo65.jpg

This 2000 yen kit contains the front bumper and clear tail lights in resin, cast metal wheels and decal.
Kit number: OGP-24 2000

bri g
07-26-2002, 10:49 PM
I recently made the mistake of purchasing the fujimi evo III kit. It's basically an evo V or VI body converted to look like an evo III. Considering the two body styles are totally different, they did a lousy job. The hasegawa Evo series has always been more detailed and accurate for me but you have to deal with the complicated suspension and the really tiny wheels (are those really to scale??!?). If you want accuracy and details, get the hasegawa. If you want a quick build which you can slam together quickly with big wheels, get the fujimi. I have two fujimi kits (evo 3 and 5), two hasegawas (evo 1 and 4) and a tamiya evo 6.

XenoKryst
07-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by hirofkd
...or Little Garage one, which has been available for quite a while.

Where do you find these brands that make transkits?:confused:

All I search on is HobbyLink and find Studio 27 and Sakatsu....very limited. I recently found out about Renaissance, ScaleMotorSports, and this 'Little Garage'. Does it have a website by the way?

hirofkd
07-28-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by XenoKryst

Where do you find these brands that make transkits?:confused:

All I search on is HobbyLink and find Studio 27 and Sakatsu....very limited. I recently found out about Renaissance, ScaleMotorSports, and this 'Little Garage'. Does it have a website by the way?
You forgot to mention Acu-Stion and Yorozuya.
Anyway, I usually find car model stuff in Japanese model magazines. Besides, I currently live in Tokyo, and I found the trans kit at Little Garage's own store. Or I should say, the store makes trans kits, just like Sakatsu and Modeler's(Mr. Craft).

Add your comment to this topic!