Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1g-gte to 1 7m-gt

Twinturbo4x4Lux
05-22-2006, 09:04 AM
i managed to pick up a 7m-gt for free with harness and ecu off a mate who pullded it out of a ma80 i think it was when he swapped it for a 1jz-gte and am thinkin of putting it in my car, i was jus wondering if any one knew if things like if the motor mounts, bell housings, manifolds, rad piping, overall length height ect between the two were the same, caus i was thinkng of rebuilding with things like metal head gaskets, forged pistons, larger cams and try to get at least 400hp out of it as i have a mad turbo set up for one that apparently sould put out about 1.5 bar if set up properly, so if andone could let me know just how big of a job it is it would be great

TcmaBoy
05-22-2006, 12:29 PM
You do not mention what vehicle/year you are swaping into.

Twinturbo4x4Lux
05-24-2006, 12:19 AM
the car that i am looking to change the 1g to a 7m is a 81 4x4 ute, i put the 1g in my self and had to have the mounts custom done and i could do the same with the 7m but i want the car back on the road asap and also dont want to find out things like that the gearbox doesnt fit after i have the engine out so i was wondering what the differences were before i started pullin it apart

Twinturbo4x4Lux
01-05-2007, 05:50 AM
i havn't come across a swap from a 1g-gte to a 7m but as far as i know the engines them selfs apart from displacement are rather similar, as on my 1g-gte i am running quiet a few 7m parts as they are easier to find, but from what i have been told the engines are almost the same

badboybubby
06-12-2007, 10:51 PM
i havn't come across a swap from a 1g-gte to a 7m but as far as i know the engines them selfs apart from displacement are rather similar, as on my 1g-gte i am running quiet a few 7m parts as they are easier to find, but from what i have been told the engines are almost the same

Thats interesting what 7m parts are you using ?

Add your comment to this topic!