Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Blazer Heat

JCline0724
05-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Okay guys I have read several posts on here about the climate control problems. I have changed the Climate Control unit in the dash did not fix the problem. So next I replaced the the Blend Door motor unit and it still did not fix it. When I plugged in the connector the motor moved to the heat position. I have no temperature control in auto climate or manual climate control it is hot air all the time. When I have the blend door motor removed I can manually move the damper door to the cool position and get cold air.

Is there any other components to the system other than these 2 items?? Or has any one else experienced this problem? I measured voltage on the blend door motor plug but I don't have the pin out or schematic to know which pins are the control signals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks for your help!!

jcline@bright.net

rlith
05-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Okay guys I have read several posts on here about the climate control problems. I have changed the Climate Control unit in the dash did not fix the problem. So next I replaced the the Blend Door motor unit and it still did not fix it. When I plugged in the connector the motor moved to the heat position. I have no temperature control in auto climate or manual climate control it is hot air all the time. When I have the blend door motor removed I can manually move the damper door to the cool position and get cold air.

Is there any other components to the system other than these 2 items?? Or has any one else experienced this problem? I measured voltage on the blend door motor plug but I don't have the pin out or schematic to know which pins are the control signals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :banghead: :banghead:

jcline@bright.net

Have you checked for vac leaks? Another option if you're having the hot-feet issue is to look in back of your glovebox panel, pull the gray vac tube and plug it...

JCline0724
05-22-2006, 12:15 PM
All of my vent selections and the blower speeds work fine. Just there is no temperature control. Is it controlled by any vacuum? Or is it all done electronically?

rlith
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
The heat is controlled by a solenoid valve by the heater core that allows or blocks water from coming into the heater core.

MT-2500
05-22-2006, 03:46 PM

Thanks for your help!!

jcline@bright.net

Do you have the automatic heater or manual contriols?
MT

JCline0724
05-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Automatic Controls

JCline0724
05-25-2006, 06:19 AM
MT I had my codes scanned and nothing came up. Only code was for Running Too Lean on Bank 2.

MT-2500
05-25-2006, 05:12 PM
MT I had my codes scanned and nothing came up. Only code was for Running Too Lean on Bank 2.

Sounds like you found more problems. :grinyes: :lol:
Was it just OBD11 scanner or a full vehicle manafacture capable scanner?
Was the scanner a body computer capable scanner that will read out body computer and data?
The body computer controls the automatic air and heat.
Did you get the wiring and repair flow chart for it?
MT

JCline0724
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
I doubt it was a full body scanner, it was a small service garage that I use for repairs I don't want to tackle. Do I need to go to the dealer to have the body computer codes read with a scanner? Got the wiring diagrams thanks a ton they were a big help in determining what all was in the system. I'll just keep :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: . Ha Ha

JCline0724
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
MT !!! :grinyes: :grinyes: Thank You!:rofl: :rofl: I did the recalibration procedure from the documents you sent me and the blend door motor went through its sequence and I now have a fully functional system again!! Thank goodness since we hit the 90 degree mark this weekend!! Thanks again for all your help!!

MT-2500
05-30-2006, 04:13 PM
MT !!! :grinyes: :grinyes: Thank You!:rofl: :rofl: I did the recalibration procedure from the documents you sent me and the blend door motor went through its sequence and I now have a fully functional system again!! Thank goodness since we hit the 90 degree mark this weekend!! Thanks again for all your help!!

You are welcome and.
Thanks for posting back and letting us know how it went.
Glad we could help and.
Glad you got it going. And 10-4 on the 90 degree weather.
Good luck on staying cool.
MT

liv2dfib
05-30-2006, 06:17 PM
I have a 98 blazer with the same problem. apparently there is a reclibration procedure, if someone could explain this procedure or send it to me that would be great. until then it's 90+ here and i'll have to sweet it out.

MT-2500
05-30-2006, 06:27 PM
I have a 98 blazer with the same problem. apparently there is a reclibration procedure, if someone could explain this procedure or send it to me that would be great. until then it's 90+ here and i'll have to sweet it out.

98 may be different. Is it a automatic heater/air control or manual?
MT

liv2dfib
05-30-2006, 06:43 PM
98 may be different. Is it a automatic heater/air control or manual?
MT
yes it is automatic control.

liv2dfib
05-30-2006, 06:50 PM
yes it is automatic control.
If it matters, this is the second time this has happened. Both times the battery was disconnected for a no start condition. The battery cables needed to be cleaned. The first time the condition fixed it's self. Now it won't fix it's self, go figure.

MT-2500
05-30-2006, 10:05 PM
If it matters, this is the second time this has happened. Both times the battery was disconnected for a no start condition. The battery cables needed to be cleaned. The first time the condition fixed it's self. Now it won't fix it's self, go figure.

Here is the low down on the recalibrating.
But every year is a little different.

The 98 and 2000 recaibrating does the recailbrating a little different.
But you remove the RDO/BATT 15 amp fuse for a minute.
Then put it back in and turn ign on.
On a 2000 the air tempterature valve sensor and mpotor will cycle the air mix door threw full hot and full cold positions.
On the 98 pull same fiuse and install and turn key on.
Then the electronic actuator should cycle the air mix door threw the hot and cold positions.

Good luck MT

Add your comment to this topic!