Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advise on new set up

str8Subbin
05-22-2006, 02:22 AM
wud up everyone
alright right now i have a HiFonics Zues ZX8000 5-channel with 2-way cystals in the front n 2-way fosgates in the rear(doors) ohh yeah n this is in a yukon xl. For bass i have a 12" SoloX ported with a Brutus bx1500. All the 6.5 i will be changing to focal components. So right now i'm looking for an amp for the SoloX its rated at 2500wrms @ 1ohm but since its ported prolly gonna go with something around 2000wrms.

I was also going to make a custom center console where i could mount 2 more 6.5s, my Head unit, and my heat controls cuz i wanted to put a screen where the hu supposed to go in the dash. Does anyone know of stand alone screens i could hook up for this system. maybe like 8 or 10in. and the reason for more than 1 set of 6.5 is cuz this truck is big n takes alot to fill in the sound. When i'm done with this set up i want the voice to be heard in my jams not just the boom boom bass n crispy highs.

thanx for any input

AndonD454
05-22-2006, 10:32 PM
budget for sub amp?

and id advise against the center console 6 1/2 idea for imaging reasons.. put good comps in the doors/kicks. but i suppose if loud is your only concern you can do that.. or build a 6 1/2 or 6x9 wall type thing on top of your sub box with tons of power..

but seriously find a way to put more in your front doors if you dont want it to sound like trash.

actually if you spend some good money you should be able to have pretty loud, good sounding highs/mids with one set. what focals are you goin with?

str8Subbin
05-23-2006, 03:50 PM
thanx i was thinking about the wall thing too. I'll prolly go with 6.5s in the wall. Any suggestions maybe around $100 a set. I was gonna get the focal 165 somthing somethings i can't remember the exact model but for the amp maybe like $300 or so. i was also thinking bout throwing some 8's in there some where maybe under the second row cuz i'm not using the 5th channel on the zues and might as well use all my power.

Add your comment to this topic!