Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Passport alarm issues...HELP!!!!!

piercedjai
05-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Alright guys/and girls got one for you here. we have a 1997 Honda Passport with a Silencer Security system installed frim Honda. We replaced the old factory radio today, and after evrything was completed the car would no longer start. We undid everything and rechecked all the wires to make sure nothing was grounding out. fatre elimating that possbile issue we realized that the issue was probably with the alarm. All the Honda dealerships in my area are currently closed today (leaving to go on an anniversary trip 2morrow). I am just looking to see if anyone knows how to reset the alarm or possible just disable it for the time being so that we can be on time for our trip. The things that Ihave tried so far are completely disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, pluging it back in for 10 minutes (hoping to reset the computer), with no avail. Uplugged the alarm itself from under the dash by removing the 2 power cords also didn't work, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again....

(PS: The alarm type looks like a little chip that plugs in just under the sterring wheel, and has a little light on the side of it. Also if you have an suggestions Iam a complete newbie at all this so, talk to me like I am stupid.)

lifelongslacker
05-21-2006, 12:58 PM
On some of the smaller hondas the factory alarm shared power with the radio. If you have a chance try puttig the stock stereo back in ad see if it will start.

Add your comment to this topic!