Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wrecked Amigo won't start!!!

Baja-Billy
05-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi all, my name is Billy.
I just bought an Amigo involved in an accident from a guy I work with. He ran into the back of a ford truck at about 15 miles an hour. Crunched the hood, fenders, grill, light's, bla bla bla. No Radiator leak though. :eek: So I had it towed to my house took off the fan and a few other things keeping it from turning over, but I can't get it to start. It's getting fuel just fine, and I replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I also tried to pull out the spark plug, ground it, turn it over and look for spark. Can't see anything. I haven't got a chance to do a proper spark chek on it though.
My question: I know on Fords there is a swtch you have to reset once they are involved in and accident. Does Isuzu have the same type of deal? The guy I bought it from said he drove it to the side of the road after the accident. I was also thinking maybe the timing belt slipped. ??? Any input would help. Thanks.
Billy

Helmuth48
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi all, my name is Billy.
I just bought an Amigo involved in an accident from a guy I work with. He ran into the back of a ford truck at about 15 miles an hour. Crunched the hood, fenders, grill, light's, bla bla bla. No Radiator leak though. :eek: So I had it towed to my house took off the fan and a few other things keeping it from turning over, but I can't get it to start. It's getting fuel just fine, and I replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I also tried to pull out the spark plug, ground it, turn it over and look for spark. Can't see anything. I haven't got a chance to do a proper spark chek on it though.
My question: I know on Fords there is a swtch you have to reset once they are involved in and accident. Does Isuzu have the same type of deal? The guy I bought it from said he drove it to the side of the road after the accident. I was also thinking maybe the timing belt slipped. ??? Any input would help. Thanks.
Billy

Billy....Helpful suggestion....Alway post year and engine, mileage..etc. This will help someone answer your issues....

Baja-Billy
05-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Ahhhh! Good point. Year 93... 2.3 liter... and 130,000 miles. Anyone here have any ideas?

Billy.

Add your comment to this topic!