Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How can you tell if a CVPI was a K9 unit?

guchiew
05-18-2006, 10:58 PM
I heard that the K9 CVPI's had different partitions or window gaurds. Any thoughts?

radioman2002
05-19-2006, 06:55 AM
The last one I bought, the rear seat was removed and in its place was a carpeted wooden platform. Also the car smelled of a wet dog, and there was dog hair everywhere. I towed the car home with all the widows open for 2 1/2 hours to try and get some of the hair out of it.

guchiew
05-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Whew. I don't think that mine was a K9 unit then. It smells sweet inside. Thanks.

88capriceclassic
05-20-2006, 12:28 PM
yea, the smell gives it away.my dad(works at police station) told me that K9 PI's smell like wet dog real bad.and alot of hair.

yotermanic
05-25-2006, 11:03 PM
The quick test I used at the dealership was looking through the back window, is there a back seat? Has it been eaten? If the answer to the first question is yes and the second is no, then it's usually a ticket-mobile, not a narc unit.

JoeTex
05-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Well This May Be A Out Dated Post But Regarding The Question I Purshased An Old K-9 Cvpi And It Was In Great Condition And Yea Alot Of Dog Hair In It But I Think The Dog Was Well Taken Care Of Along With The Cvpi..the Car Had Alot Of Miles In It And Still Had That New Car Smell Even Thoe It Was Sevral Yrs Old,,good Thing About It No Prisionors Were Ever Transported So It Was Well Intact..and Of Courese It Was A Take Home Car

pollenjesus
05-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Here in my neck of the woods the K-9 cars have very dark tinted rear windows. I'm not sure if the window tint is removed from the cars before they go to auction. Could be possible that if the tint is removed there would be adhesive residue left on the windows. That's my 2 cents.

fleettech
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
heck all of our cars (except CID Pool and Chiefs car)have the rear seats removed and cruiser containment units are used for prisoners and our k9 units get sentina aluminum cages with remote door opener from criminalistics and grates on the windows. our k9 guys have us detail them all the time witch is a pia for our service techs but heck the pd is paying for it and it helps keep them in better shape. Our k9's are now expeditions so they have more room to store their extra equipment. when you smell one you will know it was a K9

JoeTex
05-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Well In My Cvpi 's Case The Window Tint Was Not Removed..and It Still Has It On And Yea The Tint Did Have Some Sort Of Residue On It And I Have To Clean It Every Other Month But Then It Continues To Build Up Again In All 4 Car Windows And The Rear Window As Well..but I Dont Think It Was Due To The K-9.but The Pd Got Some Cheap Window Tint Cause Its Already Breaking Apart..

pollenjesus
05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Well In My Cvpi 's Case The Window Tint Was Not Removed..and It Still Has It On And Yea The Tint Did Have Some Sort Of Residue On It And I Have To Clean It Every Other Month But Then It Continues To Build Up Again In All 4 Car Windows And The Rear Window As Well..but I Dont Think It Was Due To The K-9.but The Pd Got Some Cheap Window Tint Cause Its Already Breaking Apart..

What are you using to clean the tint? I use soap and water to clean mine 'cause I heard that using something like windex(which usually has amonia) will destroy the tint. My tint has been on for 3 years now and it's as good as the day I put it on.

JoeTex
05-24-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm Really Useing Nothing..just A Damp Cloth Or Either A Dry One..i Think Any Solvent Can Break It Even Further..so Got Any Ideas For Me??

vicgameprpr2000
07-29-2007, 01:22 AM
My vic smelled like a wet dog and hair was EVERYWHERE when i first bought it. I didnt mind cleaning it out though. i was very happy that it was a dullas airport patrol so i know the car wasnt "dogged". it just held a dog

Add your comment to this topic!