Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Valve tick!!!

lifelongslacker
05-18-2006, 09:53 PM
It finally happened, the one of the 16 valves in the 3.2L has decided to make itself heard. Alot. I know this is a common prob on these but I can't seem to get rid of it. I have thus far tried duralube and running seafoam through the pcv port. No luck. Is there a way to shut this up without taking off the heads?

anthonyn
05-19-2006, 01:05 AM
It finally happened, the one of the 16 valves in the 3.2L has decided to make itself heard. Alot. I know this is a common prob on these but I can't seem to get rid of it. I have thus far tried duralube and running seafoam through the pcv port. No luck. Is there a way to shut this up without taking off the heads?

Try an oil change before doing anything drastic. Make sure to use a good quality filter like purolator pureone or wix (napa gold). The oil filter has a significant effect on valve ticking in my Rodeo 3.2l engine. I'm currently trying out some valvoline maxlife 10w30 and am impressed with how quiet the engine sounds.

lifelongslacker
05-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I am cruuently running an STP filter with quaker state oil. Only a few hundred till next oil change is due.

Ramblin Fever
05-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Try an oil change before doing anything drastic. Make sure to use a good quality filter like purolator pureone or wix (napa gold). The oil filter has a significant effect on valve ticking in my Rodeo 3.2l engine. I'm currently trying out some valvoline maxlife 10w30 and am impressed with how quiet the engine sounds.

Is that the Maxlife synthetic or regular?? What filter are you running with the Maxlife?

anthonyn
05-19-2006, 10:15 AM
I am cruuently running an STP filter with quaker state oil. Only a few hundred till next oil change is due.

My Rodeo starts to tick when nearing time for an oil change. So your truck might be trying to tell you something....

Is that the Maxlife synthetic or regular?? What filter are you running with the Maxlife?

Its the dino maxlife. I know bitog doesn't think much of valvoline, but there are a couple of isuzu owners on that board who had good experiences with valvoline and their isuzu trucks. So, I decided to give it a try. I'm using an oversized wix filter ordered from fleetfilter.com.

marcre
05-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Its the dino maxlife. I know bitog doesn't think much of valvoline, but there are a couple of isuzu owners on that board who had good experiences with valvoline and their isuzu trucks. So, I decided to give it a try. I'm using an oversized wix filter ordered from fleetfilter.com.

I've used the maxlife in my Rodeo as well. I am going back to it next change. It's a good oil. I think a lot of BITOG'ers like it, but to be honest, I am not concerned either way. A lot of net experts over there that . No disrespect to them, or anyone, but a lot of advice is given and taken out of opinion. Most people love one thing over another with no evidence. It's based on nothing.

Not to start an off-topic thing, but that whole Fram filter not being any good issue, I don't buy that either. I don't use Fram, only because I never did, not because some guy cut it apart.

Add your comment to this topic!