Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

CAD$1600 difference

carlson
07-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Just found out. In Canada, they are selling the performance model for CAD$44,900 and the track model for CAD$46,000 (US$31,000), only CAD$1600 more. Thats roughly US$1000. So I guess anyone in Canada would pick the track model over the performance model for sure, right?

vanstorm16
07-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Actually, I'm in Canada and I ordered a Performance model over the Track package. You're right about the pricing though. I know for a fact that they're only making about $2K on the models here. The dealer actually told me that he'd rather sell me an Altima or a Maxima cause they stand to make more money on those. Margins aren't all that big on the Z.

The reason that I went with the Performance over the Track model was first the price. It was just more than what I want to pay. I'm 28. I've wanted a Z for over 15 years and the timing was just right (no wife or kids). I want the nice stereo, power and leather seats that the Track model does not have. And for tax purposes, we can right off a certain amount for business use per month. That factored into my decision as well.

For interest's sake, Nissan Canada did not choose to make all the models available up here. Only the performance, touring and track models are available. I've asked around and we seem to know more about these cars than most of the dealers do. No on had an answer as to why. But when I convert the US prices directly, the CDN pricing does look favorable.
Oh man am I ever looking forward to getting into this car.

carlson
07-26-2002, 03:30 PM
I see, the performance model in Canada is different, it is more luxurious. It has better stereo and leather seats, just like the touring.

The performance model in the US doesnt have leather nor better stereo. It is just like the track model, minus lightweight wheels and Brembo brakes and front and rear spoilers.

Good choice then! :)

vanstorm16
07-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Thanks!

If you got to www.nissan.ca they list the three models available for Canada. I think that the only difference for the Touring model is that its an automatic.

Its funny, they didn't even have one showing at the recent auto show in Vancouver! That was a big disappointment.

Add your comment to this topic!