Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 CRX DX - Turn Signals (front/rear) - Not working

JimL87CRXDX
05-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Was reading some of the other threads after I did a search.

My fuse is not blown. I replaced the "flasher" under the dash. Still not working.

Will try another fuse, then remove the panel under the steering column and check the switch.

Is that switch replacable?

Any other ideas on what to check for the turn signals - front & back?

Brake lights work, reverse light, headlights, and running lights - all work!

Help!

pimpmcdaddies
05-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Could be the actual stalk that is faulty.I've not had a dodgy one on a civic before but there's always a first time.Check that power is getting up to the stalk before spending out...
Is the light flashing in the dash working when indicators are switched on?

lxndr
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
OK, I just have to ask...

Did you check the bulbs?

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but sometimes the obvious solution is overlooked.

If all the fuses and bulbs are good, then it's a wiring issue. As mentioned earlier, I'd start with the turn signal combination switch itself. You can remove the connector to the switch then check for voltage, or make a jumper wire to test the terminals. If you use a jumper and the signals work, then the switch is faulty. You might try cleaning up the terminals and contacts before you replace the whole combination switch.

JimL87CRXDX
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
"Funny" thing happened on the way to the auto electric shop (he's also checking the A/C).

The turn signals worked!! Stopped for gas, restarted, worked the whole time.

Guy said that sometimes the terminal points get loose.. said he'd check it.

So, it fixed itself by just driving it. Any ideas why that would have happened?

And yes, I did check the bulbs but you are correct, leave no stone unturned!

pimpmcdaddies
05-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Just thought it could be connected to the hazard light switch too.If they working now you could squirt some electrical cleaner/sealer into the switches and fuse box/hazard switch and hope for the best.I deal in a few old Fords which suffer from dodgy indicator switches,a bit of maintainence spray sometimes hides the problem for a while though is only a temporary repair.

Add your comment to this topic!