Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I'm dangerous when I'm bored...Another center shift mod

rlith
05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
So today I was given a 2000 Envoy Center console and shifter to play with (and keep of course)...Install was easy as I had the necessary mounts in place from my Column shift to center shift mod. This console is similar to the Jimmy Diamond Edition center console.

The center console is pewter/gray which is the same color as my dash, and the carpet on the side of it was nasty...So after thinking about it, I decided to install it. I taped off the plastic and dyed the carpet black to match my truck carpeting. The wood grain trim will be sanded down this weekend and sprayed gloss black and several layers of clear-coat. The front portion that goes under my dash will be wrapped in black leather to flow the design into my leather seats (so don't worry about that cut out portion in the 1st two pictures)

The shifter knob is very different from the regular center shifter. The release is in front, the button shown on the side is for shift points in the envoy (essentially the tow/haul switch). I wired that to kick on my amp (it's a momentary pulse switch). The rear controls I already have the diagrams for, so i will be wiring it to allow dvd and volume control of the AVIC-Z1 I have in the dash. The power socket is active an the headphone jacks are as well...(though I don't know why I did them as i have wireless headphones all over the car)

I removed the 6 disc gm changer (made by clarion) that was in the front as I have a 12 disc dvd/cd changer in the cargo area and I really didn't want the hassle of adding that unit. I did keep the face plate as you can see in the pictures, and I will probably mount some sort of switches behind the door (it's a push to open/close door)

Some of you may like it, some of you may not... You can see all the interior pics at www.pghconsulting.net/teal (http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal) and see how the coloring flows in the truck...

Let me know what you think!

On to the pics!

Here is a basic shot, with nothing open...But as you can see the bottom right portion of my pewter dash, it matches, as does the black carpet...

http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal/IM000794.JPG

Here is a shot with the cup holders open...(Much more space then my normal center console cup holders, and the hide!)

http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal/IM000795.JPG

And a shot of the rear... As I said above, I will be wiring the controls into my AVIC-Z1

http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal/IM000793.JPG

OverBoardProject
05-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Rlith, I should get you a Plane ticket to Kelowna the next time that your bored and talk you into working on 1 of my street rods

s10blazerman4x4
05-17-2006, 08:40 PM
I vote you keep the wood grain.
Then come over to my house come on i live 6 hrs max away and do up some doom a flitchys in the cutlass.

BlazerBoyLT98
05-17-2006, 10:05 PM
I am thinking he comes to my house, fixes the issues with my Blazer and then he helps me pump the lake out of my basement!!!!!!!!!! By the way, nice mod!

OverBoardProject
05-17-2006, 10:31 PM
BlazerBoy, when did you get the indoor swimming pool installed? LOL

I hope that you weren't one of the people that got flooded out the last little while.

joeuser742
05-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh man, I wish I had the time to do things like this. I'm too busy fixing my darn Blazer, I have no play time.

mike1224
05-18-2006, 10:09 AM
damn Rick... plenty of goofing off time on your hands. looks great.

BlazerBoyLT98
05-18-2006, 10:30 AM
I live in Peabody MA, I am sure you guys saw it on the news!!!! Peabody flooded the worst in MA.

OverBoardProject
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear about that man, wish that we could send Rlith over to give you a hand with your basement hehehehehe (sorry Rlith I had to)

I hope that it's only really your basement then that needs the work done.

s10blazerman4x4
05-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Is that why you havent been able to get on AIM? i wanted to ask if ya owned a boat or someone that did cuz i was wondering.

Heres to sunshine in MA too bad it couldnt have flooded Fenway lol

BlazerBoyLT98
05-18-2006, 11:50 AM
HAHA it did flood Fenway!!! But we have been playing in Baltimore. Well I am moving into a new home which also took on water do to this storm but as soon as we move in I am putting in a french drain.

dmbrisket 51
05-18-2006, 03:53 PM
typical engenere

rlith
05-18-2006, 06:04 PM

Nah, just took the afternoon off...(Rank hath it's privleges :icon16: )

s10blazerman4x4
05-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I want updates.
I want to see that v8 under the hood too.
Updates now.

rlith
05-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I want updates.
I want to see that v8 under the hood too.
Updates now.

V8 isn't in yet... When I go on vacation I'm gonna try to do it...:)

s10blazerman4x4
05-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Lets try harder

BlazerBoyLT98
05-19-2006, 10:45 AM
And he wonders why he takes mini vacations from here, it is to give the rest of us a break!!! :)

dmbrisket 51
05-19-2006, 04:42 PM
V8 isn't in yet... When I go on vacation I'm gonna try to do it...:)
i can get the schematics for ya to get the v-8 injector head, and re- pin the computer and reprogram so you dont need a new pcm and can re-use the 4.3's harness... ive got a couple tips for ya too, if your interested

Add your comment to this topic!