Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 GA GT squeeking noise over every little bump

carcrazysincebirth
05-17-2006, 01:22 PM
I was told that GM dealers use a grease called "Cheater Grease" or something like that to grease bushings to stop the squeeking noise that happens over ever little bump in the road. The problem is that GM dealers will not sell this grease - probably so they can charge you for labor/parts, etc and take you to the bank. Does anybody out there know of top notch grease that will fix this bushing problem without eating the rubber?

GTP Dad
05-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Two things you can try. First try to find a can of silicone spray. Some parts stores sell it. Spray the bushings with it and the squeek should go away. If you can't find silicone then find a can of graphite spray. It will work the same. You may even be able to find either at a home center.

carcrazysincebirth
05-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the reply GTP Dad. I will try that. Out of curiousity, has anybody tried brake fluid? Do you know if that would damage the rubber part of those bushings?

GTP Dad
05-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Don't use it! Brake fluid will eat paint, plastic and probably destroy the rubber bushings. Stick with silicone or graphite. Lithium grease won't penetrate like the finer silicone or graphite.

tommy00gt1
05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Anyone know if it is safe to use the silicone on the strut mounts ? (I think that's what they're called.... the tops where the round plate is) I think that's where I am getting some annoying squeaks...

Add your comment to this topic!