Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

window motor / regulator

tomeopaste
05-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys,
Both windows in my 99 3.4l 2-door have been progressively slowing down for several weeks now. My driver's side window finally stopped working yesterday. I'm curious if anyone else has tried to replace these motors/ regulators...I haven't gotten a chance to take apart the door to make sure that it is the motor, just assumed.. If anyone has experience with this your input would be appreciated.

Thanks

BNaylor
05-17-2006, 01:34 PM
It is not that difficult just a little tedious. R&R procedure in the link below is for a Grand Am but the Alero is similar:

http://www.a1electric.com/grandam.htm

tomeopaste
05-17-2006, 08:46 PM
thank you,
looks like a pain in the ass but nothing I couldn't handle...I checked out the replacement motor/regulators on that site as well, their prices not only beat my local auto zone but the two pieces come together, wonderful. Be a 'fun' project for me one of these weekends.. Thanks again

irishfireman
05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey, I myself just bought a Window regulator for my wifes 2002 Alero. I shopped around online and at all the local parts stores. I finally purchased the one that I found at O'reillys auto parts. It was a little higher than some others but they were the ONLY place that offered a lifetime warranty. I figured that as often as they break, I was sure to come out ahead. Hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!