Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

something is seriously wrong!

spivey-1
05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
alright here's the deal a few weeks ago i hit a deer and it tore my front end up pretty bad. so when i got everything back together and im positive everything is hooked up just the way it was but now my headlights work only part of the time, and my daytime driving lights will work only when they want. I just noticed a chea sound coming from what seems to be the relays inside of the glove box. you only hear it when you turn on the main power and when you turn on the headlights besides that you dont hear it no more. what would cause this.

Also one of my parking lights will not work and the other one does everything is hooked up right but still no juice. ALSO one more thing when the headlights dont come on the first time somethimes if you give them a little love tap they will come on, same way with the one parking light that does work, only part of the time the one will work. Should i just burn the damn thing. I hate to because i have thousands invested and lots of time in the body shop with my baby but shes pissin me OFF!!! I need major help i am not good at wiring. By the way the truck is a 97 with a 2001 front end.

OverBoardProject
05-16-2006, 11:35 AM
When I put my Blazer together I had a simular problem, without the noise.
In my case it was because I had painted over the contact points before I put the ground wires back. Removing the grounds, and a little sand paper took care of the problems

spivey-1
05-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I tried cleaning the grounds still nothing. I dont know about this one.

kahjdh
05-17-2006, 10:24 PM
It probably has something to do with wires. Check for broken or freyed wired that may have been damaged during the accident. Also chech all of the connections/plugs to make sure that the wires on the inside are not ripped out or bent. I had a freyed wire that did the same things to my brake lights on my tempo.

balls_to_the_wall
05-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Yep, check all wiring and weather connectors, a wire probably got broken right at a connector (easy to overlook) and that is causing your grief. A similiar problem befalled me when I had to fix the damage on my S-10 after an old lady hit me...

Southern Comfort
05-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Check each connector. grab the connector and try to wiggle the wire at the back of the connector and see if there try to work, if not, try looking into each socket and make sure they look clean and shinny.You can go to Autozone or Advance and buy a cheap test light. Just ground the end with the clip, and take the end with the needle like point and poke it into the wires and see where you have the required 12 volts the lights need. If you don't have 12 volts follow the wires back to they orgin until you have the 12 volts.
Thanks
SC.

spivey-1
05-18-2006, 10:10 PM
I'll try checking everything again this weekend and inform you all on what i find.

spivey-1
05-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll try checking everything again this weekend and inform you all on what i find.

All is well now come to find out i had 2 bad grounds coming out of the wiring harness, just ran my new grounds and that was it about a 2 hour job diagnoising the problem but at least now i can drive in the dark lol. Thanks for all your input on this problem.

Add your comment to this topic!