Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 2500 coolant leak

coachmilliren
05-15-2006, 01:43 PM
I have just started having an intermitant coolant leak. To get it to stop I just have to restart the truck. I took it in an they said it prob was a air bubble which I have never heard of. So I had it flushed and I still have the same prob.. The entire bottom is saturated with coolant so it is hard to see where the actual leak is coming from. It has never over heated because I check the levels every other day. Has anyone heard of this happening and what should I do next?:banghead:

wafrederick
05-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Put a pressure pump on and the leak is really easy to find and it could be any thing.It might be a waterpump,the hoses or the radatior

fredjacksonsan
05-19-2006, 10:02 AM
As far as the air bubble, try parking the truck on an incline, so the front is uphill at least a foot or so above the rear. Open the radiator, start the truck, and let it warm up to the point where the thermostat cycles a few times. Keep an eye on the fluid level to keep the radiator near the top. If you've got a bubble or any trapped air it should show as a drop in the level of the fluid in the radiator.

Also, when it is overflowing, pull over and with the engine running do a visual inspection. If it's a fast leak you will be able to narrow down the area where it is leaking. If your reserve tank is overfilled, it could cause the appearance of a leak when the fluid expands and fills the tank.

Add your comment to this topic!