Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need oil cooler lines

Teal95Jimmy
05-14-2006, 03:22 PM
My 1995 Jimmy 4x4 v6 blew the oil cooler hose from the oil filter to the engine oil cooler in the radiatior. I've been calling parts stores and they all say it needs to be shipped in and its sunday right now so i cant get a hold of dealerships tomorrow. I need this part tomorrow morning, do the dealers usually have this part in stock.

blazes9395
05-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Its very common, and they should have stock, if they don't ask them of the next nearest dealer that has it in stock, if they are good, they will let you know, and you can go and pick it up from that dealership. Also NAPA claims to have a better than OEM design with an extra crimp on the ends. You could try them too, if theres one close to you.

DINO55
05-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey Teal95

I replaced my oil cooler lines on my 98 and I cut the old ones at the pipe and retrofitted some 300psi oil line on them and some stainless steel clamps, My son in law installed them on his 97 blazer the same night. Cost was $17.00. That's what I'll do if these new ones start to leak on me. I will not buy new ones ever again. Plus if they ever leak, 2 clamps and a new hose and your done in 10 minutes.....

Just a thought............

OverBoardProject
05-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Most good parts stores can actually duplicate most hoses. Just take them off and bring them in. I know that it doesn't get you to the store that way

Add your comment to this topic!