Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

deadly paint

Digitor
05-14-2006, 06:25 AM
I had a rather unusual experience this afternoon while working on my Z3.
I reached for my small tin of relatively new Humbrol enamel gunmetal paint and proceeded to open it. I had pryed the lid open less than a milimetre when it popped of the tin. It had so much pressure behind it that it hit me in the face:bloated::silly: and rolled along the floor, coming to a stop behind the couch. I sat at my workbench in shock. It was the first time a paint tin lid had ever taken me on. As i slowly came to realise what had happened i looked up. The once clean wall was now dotted with little specks of gunmetal. My brother then came into the room, took one look at my face and burst out laughing. A look in the mirror revealed that i was a mirror image of the wall.

So what is the moral of this story? Look out, Humbrol paint tins are out to get us! :uhoh::screwy:. Show no mercy to the gunmetal, no 53, the leader of the rebellion.

Big Kahuna
05-14-2006, 07:58 AM
:loser: :rofl:

Big :aus: :cheers:

nugundam93
05-14-2006, 08:19 AM
hehehehehe pics please. :lol:

D_LaMz
05-14-2006, 12:11 PM
wow you got owned:)

Zlaja_
05-14-2006, 12:43 PM
:spit: haha :icon16: tough luck :lol:

M1CRO
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
How was the finish.??? was it good or do you need to apply more?

M1CRO.

heroblast
05-14-2006, 05:57 PM
i opened some zap CA glue once and it exploded and got all over my face.
then as i began to laugh at the situation, my eyes started to burn like no other. so then i just screamed.

quadzero
05-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Show no mercy to the gunmetal, no 53, the leader of the rebellion.
holy cats, thats funny. but really, its good you didnt get any in the eyes.

Digitor
05-15-2006, 04:02 AM
I thought i might as well give others some amusement from my mishap.

I can't get any photos of me because i scrubbed the paint off ASAP.
I can't get any photos off the wall because the spots are so fine. Just imagine a light yellow wall with little gray dots...( all over it above my workbench)

Quadzero: i'm glad myself it didn't get me in the eye. Then it would have been so much harder to wash out:screwy:.

But seriously guys, I think the Humbrol employees are putting miniature mafia gangsters into their paint in a bid to rule the model finishing industry:evillol::eek7:

(yes, i'm crazy)

nugundam93
05-15-2006, 12:57 PM
i'll never look at a paint container the same way again. :lol:

chato de shamrock
05-16-2006, 02:21 AM
Did you punch the can or kick the top? Them's taunts. You've had to done something.

Add your comment to this topic!