Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RX-8 Headers

Ezane
05-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Cant seem to find Headers for an RX-8! Or should i even get headers for an RX-8! any help will help thanx

Rand Race
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, rotaries have no heads so, to be pedantic, there are no "headers" for the RX-8. But a larger downpipe (same diff) should help it breathe easier and rotaries LOVE to breathe easier. Not sure how much of a difference it would make without opening up the rest of the exhaust and the intake though.

Here's one: http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home_n.asp?dir=detail&id=1964

Gotian
05-17-2006, 10:23 AM
if you remove the cats on the RX-8 you would get the same power that the Japanese ones do which would put up your power to 255

Vash Cloud
05-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Actually you can put headers on a N/A Rotary engine. If you dont believe me just look at Racing Beat's Headers for the N/A FB and FC.

6dmnbag
01-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I bought a header from obx and the bottom flange was too big so I had to grind it down almost an 1/8 of an inch. But it did make a difference above 5600 rpms.

mrobert55
01-31-2007, 11:51 AM
depending on your need...if it for racing purpose, take this thing...it way better.....and cheaper for all extra horsepower..:grinyes:
http://www.badlanzhpe.com

Gotian
02-01-2007, 04:35 PM
depending on your need...if it for racing purpose, take this thing...it way better.....and cheaper for all extra horsepower..:grinyes:
http://www.badlanzhpe.com

sorry but that wont do jack for the rx-8, i found out later after i posted that, that the problem the rx-8 doesnt get the same power as japan is because of the ecu controlling the emission, with different spark plugs, the intercept-x system and a new exhaust you can tune the car and maybe squeeze to get closer to the japanese one. But that cutout will actually make the rx-8 lose power because there will be no backpressure and so the 8 will lose torque.

mrobert55
02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
sorry but that wont do jack for the rx-8, i found out later after i posted that, that the problem the rx-8 doesnt get the same power as japan is because of the ecu controlling the emission, with different spark plugs, the intercept-x system and a new exhaust you can tune the car and maybe squeeze to get closer to the japanese one. But that cutout will actually make the rx-8 lose power because there will be no backpressure and so the 8 will lose torque.
how much for an ECU same as they have in Japan..:)

Gotian
02-03-2007, 07:43 PM
how much for an ECU same as they have in Japan..:)

don't know do a search on rx-8 type-s ECU. The Type-s is the sport package here and over in japan it's the 6speed.

mrobert55
02-06-2007, 09:16 AM
don't know do a search on rx-8 type-s ECU. The Type-s is the sport package here and over in japan it's the 6speed.
Type-S is not for Acura!..
I have the Mazda RX-8 GT 6speed manuel

Gotian
02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Type-S is not for Acura!..
I have the Mazda RX-8 GT 6speed manuel

In japan there are different types just like what we have here but they have different names. We have a bas model and they have the type-E which is the base model with 4 ports and a 5 speed tranny. Next is the Base 6 ported rx-8 which is just RX-8 then is the Model that I have which is the RX-8 Sport, which is the lightest one with dynamic stability and traction control, this one is also called Type-S which has the 250hp, yours is the luxury model over there i think it's the Type-P.

6dmnbag
03-04-2007, 02:49 AM
There is a company called canzoomers of of canada that will reflash your ecu to the j-spec version.

Gotian
03-05-2007, 04:59 PM
There is a company called canzoomers of of canada that will reflash your ecu to the j-spec version.

no canzoomer:banghead: DO NOT GET CANZOOMER! ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR TURBO!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Get interceptor X and then find out where steve khan is heading to next or when he is heading towards your area next and get him to tune it for you. DO NOT GET CANZOOMER!

6dmnbag
03-06-2007, 03:37 AM
I'm not getting canzoomers, I just said that they have a j spec reflash for the eight.

Gotian
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm not getting canzoomers, I just said that they have a j spec reflash for the eight.

so does the interceptor-X and the X is actually much easier to tune

Add your comment to this topic!