Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Who will win the Dodge Charger 500 at Darlington?

TheStang00
05-11-2006, 01:32 AM
picks:

Mark Martin
Greg Biffle
Jeff Gordon

BullShifter
05-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I haven't been able to start one of these threads since Texas with the new GF. We don't have free time, she doesn't have SPEED, and doesn't care to watch a race. I saw 5 min of the Darlington Busch race....I'm going to break her in with TOP FUEL cars june 10th at Joliet!

Kevin Harvick
Carl Edwards
Greg Biffle

TheStang00
05-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Way to go Greg Biffle, i dont think anyone deserves it more. ^ good call on it too. mark had another solid outing also.

wrightz28
05-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be a root'n for the Roush camp would ya :lol:

Nice call, Biffle DID need it. Not he's had any problems running this year, just keeping running.

TheStang00
05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be a root'n for the Roush camp would ya :lol:

Nice call, Biffle DID need it. Not he's had any problems running this year, just keeping running.

heh well the roush cars usually have the best power... but i pick mark martin every week, as i do this week, because he is my favorite driver, and with a roush car he actually has a legit chance every week.

wrightz28
05-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah, but the Gibbs camp is on fire lately.

TheStang00
05-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah, but the Gibbs camp is on fire lately.

they have been good but they still have not been on the same level as roush and hendricks. who i think has really stepped up this year is DEI and childress.

wrightz28
05-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I think Hendrick is at the tail end of a mass rebuilding stage that the loss of quite a few key figure (Dorton largely) set back a bit.

DEI just made some really silly mistakes in the last 2 years trying to get Jr. into the chase. So now Dale Jr. and Tony Jr. are back together, what happens, all the sudden we're a contender again, hmm coincidence? It's gonna take a while for the #1 team (Truex) to adapt to the setups and each other, but I'm sure once that happens, I'd be certain that the 8 & 1 will run together like the 8 & 15 did. And speaking of the 15, once they can get Menard a full time gig, I'm sure that will be a successful venture.

Roush no doubt on the 1.5 mile 'cookie cutter" tracks has been dominant while all the others have been regrouping. I think it will be a more spread winning ratio this year tho.

RCR, doing very well.

I'm still most impressed with Gibbs, every race you see all 3 cars in the top 15 for a good part of the event, with 2 rookies yet. Same for the RCR cars too.

Just my opinion(s), things are gonna change this year, this year will be the first to have more than 10 in the chase, should be fun :thumbsup:

Add your comment to this topic!