Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Foglight wiring

L-Spec
05-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Okay, so my foglights don't work and I go to check the fuse box and I see that the fuse slot for the foglights.. have melted completely. There wasn't a fuse there to begin with, so I'm assuming the previous owner tried yanking it out and only got half of the fuse out. I could get another fuse box from the salvage, but not many imports are there, let alone FCs. So, my next plan, is to rewire the foglights to an unoccupied slot.. like the soft top maybe. The problem is, when I looked behind the fuse box, there is no wire coming out where the foglight wire should be.. BUT! there are two wires that I think might be the wires for the foglights. They are both red, but one is about twice as thick as the other. Anyone have any idea?

I'm hoping someone could give me a quick reference, maybe a wiring diagram or if someone could just look behind their fuse box, hehe. Thnaks a lot!

drftk1d
05-11-2006, 08:02 PM
if you need a wiring diagram i have them, PM me or give me your aim/msn

Capt.Moe
05-14-2006, 02:07 PM
just rewire it to a seperate switch in your centre console.

L-Spec
05-14-2006, 09:27 PM
just rewire it to a seperate switch in your centre console.

That'd be great ..if I knew what colour that wire was lol. Taking out the cover under my car plus taking the foglights out (with stripped, rusted screws) was going to hopefully be my last option. That's all.

Capt.Moe
05-14-2006, 11:55 PM
just re wier it all
lol
it's not that hard.

L-Spec
05-15-2006, 01:35 PM
just re wier it all
lol
it's not that hard.

Or I could reconnect the wires.. which would be even easier then taking it all out.

Capt.Moe
05-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Or I could reconnect the wires.. which would be even easier then taking it all out.

lol apparently I couldn't spell yesturday.
You could do that, I tried that on my buddies the damn things still wouldn't work. A short in the circut somewheres. So I said fuck it and just took the 15minutes to re-run the whole thing to a seperate toggle switch.

L-Spec
05-16-2006, 07:55 AM
lol apparently I couldn't spell yesturday.
You could do that, I tried that on my buddies the damn things still wouldn't work. A short in the circut somewheres. So I said fuck it and just took the 15minutes to re-run the whole thing to a seperate toggle switch.

Did you go back through the fuse at all? I found that in the fuse slot for the foglights there's half a fuse melted in there.. so I think that slot is done for haha. If I don't have to go through the fuse, that would be great, but I'd be running the risk of sending too much power to the lights, right? A second idea is that I could rewire the foglights to my soft top fuse slot.. since I don't have one.

Capt.Moe
05-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Did you go back through the fuse at all? I found that in the fuse slot for the foglights there's half a fuse melted in there.. so I think that slot is done for haha. If I don't have to go through the fuse, that would be great, but I'd be running the risk of sending too much power to the lights, right? A second idea is that I could rewire the foglights to my soft top fuse slot.. since I don't have one.

Just run a little in line fuse, put it in the engine compartment. You can pick on eup for like 3dollars, you just splice it into the wire, put it in the car or in the engine compartment, with a 15amp fuse and you'll be laughing.

fcdriver
05-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Did you happen to find the cause of the melted fuse pannel?

L-Spec
05-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Did you happen to find the cause of the melted fuse pannel?

I haven't, because it never happened to me. It happened to the previous owner. There are a lot of mysteries to this car.. unhooked harnesses everywhere :screwy: Thanks Capt. I don't know why I didn't think of splicing! Haha, I'm stupid.

Capt.Moe
05-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I haven't, because it never happened to me. It happened to the previous owner. There are a lot of mysteries to this car.. unhooked harnesses everywhere :screwy: Thanks Capt. I don't know why I didn't think of splicing! Haha, I'm stupid.

lol... No worries man! it just makes life EASY!!! Splice, Solder, Heatwrap to ensure fool proof protections from STD's (Stupid Trouble Dictators)

Add your comment to this topic!